corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Film Production Day: Hire Gear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Film Production Day: Hire Gear
Dom

User status: Offline
1st Jul 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random for CS but thought i'd ask all the same, anyone know of decent (cheap) hire companies around the London area (inside and outside the M25) for hiring broadcast/camera gear?

Found a few, like VMI, but trying to get the quote (for a Sony EX3 and a few other bits and bobs) a little cheaper and so far people are charging silly money
liamC

1st Jul 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got any mates at University who could possibly hire any from there?
Dom

1st Jul 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First thing i thought of, but can't take gear out now plus it'd be a 300mile round trip each way back to uni
Hence why i'm trying to find hire companies around London, but a lot of people seem to screw you for weekend hire
N16K

1st Jul 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prices will be high as it is not uncommon for gear to go walkabout with fake names being used etc.
Dom

1st Jul 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
prices will be high as it is not uncommon for gear to go walkabout with fake names being used etc.

Yeah i can imagaine, although most rental places want credit/house details plus this gear would be getting invoiced to a county council

Still though, the best quote so far is around £350-420 per day which i think we can get cheaper but so far, no luck
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jul 09 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used Calumet for regular photos, not sure if they have film gear as well.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Film Production Day: Hire Gear 23 database queries in 0.0110388 seconds