corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pain!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pain!!
Jay

User status: Offline
4th Jul 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been the dentist to have a tooth removed that I cracked chewing the cap of a sports bottle (I advise against doing this ), and as she tried to get it out it really hurt so she put another few jabs in, same again, excruciating pain, told her to just carry on because I want it out but she refused to and put me on antibiotics for a week incase theres an infection causing the pain, now I'm in even more pain than I was before I went because shes fucked with it

Anyone else had this, if so what did you do/take for it?
sand-eel

4th Jul 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She must have not injected you properly, the injection works all the time and you should be numb for hours after.
Jay

4th Jul 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is numb, altogether she put about 12-14 injections into my gum, but she reckons it could be infected which is causing the pain, hence the antibiotics and got to go back next week. Its just throbbing!
sand-eel

4th Jul 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12-14 injections
did she inject the surface of the gum or did you feel it go in a few cm?
TBH you should only need 3-5 injections.
Aaron

4th Jul 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+

+

"SLAM!!!

= Epic Winz
Jay

4th Jul 09 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
12-14 injections
did she inject the surface of the gum or did you feel it go in a few cm?
TBH you should only need 3-5 injections.

Yeh she done about 6-7 before then waited in the waiting room, hurt like mad when she tried but that didnt work so she tried a few more, surface I think and then I felt a few go deep into my gum, second ones I couldnt tell you, didnt feel them it was still numb.

Aaron... If I had the bollocks I would be tempted!!
vcorsasport1.6

4th Jul 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12-14!!!!! no way....you would be dribbling down your face for days.....i have had over £20k worth of dental work done over the course of 5 years and only had 13 injections all in all!! (fell off a scooter and chewed the road!) you do not want to go back to there, they dont know what they are doing.....
brad

edit....sound slike im calling you a liar there but im not mate, just advising! lol

[Edited on 04-07-2009 by vcorsasport1.6]
Jay

4th Jul 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She defo jabbed me around my mouth about 6-7 times before I went into the waiting room, could feel it, unless it just felt like she was moving it but was just pushing the stuff in, I dont know, was stinging though, on and off like it was being pushed in. Anyway, its just an emergency dentist so they arent exactly taking there time, cant get a proper dentist to seem to take me on unless I am independant, is what they are saying, I imagine thats private and dear.
Chrissy
Premium Member

4th Jul 09 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If there's an infection under the tooth such as a mini abscess or something then the bacteria in the infected tissue rejects local anaesthesia and renders it useless..

This is why you've been put on anti bios.. to get rid of the infection so the anaesthetic works.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Jay

4th Jul 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
If there's an infection under the tooth such as a mini abscess or something then the bacteria in the infected tissue rejects local anaesthesia and renders it useless..

This is why you've been put on anti bios.. to get rid of the infection so the anaesthetic works.

Ahh thanks, atleast that bits cleared up. Ibuprofen seems to be working on the pain, sort of.
Chrissy
Premium Member

4th Jul 09 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JayM
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Ahh thanks, atleast that bits cleared up. Ibuprofen seems to be working on the pain, sort of.

Ibuprofen is glorious.. Mind you can take that and paracetamol together to help the pain more!

>>>> Chris <<<<

J da Silva

4th Jul 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have never got this common idea that any injection hurts, I've had allsorts done as regards dental treatment and when my dentist uttered the words "You'll feel a sharp scratch" I never felt anything, then it just goes numb, sometimes takes several jabs to get it completely numb, but neither was felt.
Richardhhha

4th Jul 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a one of my wisdom teeth removed a few months back, ended up having 10 novacain injections bent the nedle as he hit my jaw bone, and it still took a hour to start to kick in.

then the pain began, the dentist decided to crack the tooth in half and then that hurt bad enough, its when he finaly got hthe tooth out and he said "oh the blood should clot and seal the hole" so a few hours later and the real pain began as the novacain wore off... then thr blood clot fell out, leaving the drdded dry socket.. asked my pop's what sort of pain it was like as it was making me feel sick because it hurt so much... he said its like one bloody nasty tooth ache, so had him take a ganders at it and guess what i had a nice white patch at the bottom of the socket... i went back next day because i was in agony and he put a bit of putty in the socket, i asked if i could see my x ray's of my jaw.. and sure enough my teeth are fused to my jaw bone, so he had snapped a piece of jaw bone off and left the raw broken bone exposed to the elements... a month later and it finaly healed up.. it was excruciating..
mattk

4th Jul 09 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the dentist horrifies me, im wincing just reading this
Kathryn W

4th Jul 09 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as i dont mind the dentist, and the fact i do enjoy having the needles.

That does sound painful!
Shelly
Premium Member

4th Jul 09 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clove oil, get it from boots

it's a natural anaesthetic... tastes flippin awful though
ssj_kakarot

4th Jul 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
had a one of my wisdom teeth removed a few months back, ended up having 10 novacain injections bent the nedle as he hit my jaw bone, and it still took a hour to start to kick in.

then the pain began, the dentist decided to crack the tooth in half and then that hurt bad enough, its when he finaly got hthe tooth out and he said "oh the blood should clot and seal the hole" so a few hours later and the real pain began as the novacain wore off... then thr blood clot fell out, leaving the drdded dry socket.. asked my pop's what sort of pain it was like as it was making me feel sick because it hurt so much... he said its like one bloody nasty tooth ache, so had him take a ganders at it and guess what i had a nice white patch at the bottom of the socket... i went back next day because i was in agony and he put a bit of putty in the socket, i asked if i could see my x ray's of my jaw.. and sure enough my teeth are fused to my jaw bone, so he had snapped a piece of jaw bone off and left the raw broken bone exposed to the elements... a month later and it finaly healed up.. it was excruciating..

omg that actually made my skin crawl ughhhhhhhhh
J da Silva

4th Jul 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could take legal action against the butcher who did your teeth, exposed mandible could have caused serious infections to the point where you would need parts of your face cut away.
Shell
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelly
clove oil, get it from boots

it's a natural anaesthetic... tastes flippin awful though
I think that has to be bought from a proper chemist now, last I heard boots had stopped selling it as it's actually quite toxic in high doses. However, I may be entirely mistaken! Also, give this a go if it's a cavity causing the problem, but if it is an absess building up, it will not even touch it. I had an abscess a few months back and all clove oil did was make my tongue all icky and numb and gave me the boke. Absesses are god awful.
Cole

5th Jul 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have an absess right now i cant stand toothache worst pain there ever can be im sure of it gargle warm salty water that will help numb the pain a little and speed up healing process
JadeM
Premium Member

5th Jul 09 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats awful, surely there must be something else they can give you/do to ease the pain? No one should be left suffering pain like that for days on end !!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Pain!! 24 database queries in 0.0127912 seconds