corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike test

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bike test
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
5th Jul 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gf has offered to renew my cbt for my birthday, it ran out ages ago, im not getting a bike yet, want to do my test, so what are the stages?

thanks
DizzyRebel

5th Jul 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mod1 mod2, 2 yrs restricted to 33bhp then ride anything you desire.

or das if your over 21, costs a bomb though.
taylorboosh

5th Jul 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 21 in august but will probs go for the restricted as i only want a vfr 400 so restricting it should be no problem
DizzyRebel

5th Jul 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont bother with a 400, they cost more to buy and insure than 600's but are half the power and half the fun. and dont bother fitting restrictors either, all you need is the certificate that comes with the kit to take in if you have a producer.

Do restricted licence, buy an early R6 or GSX-R600 then enjoy it.
taylorboosh

5th Jul 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id expect to kill myself on an r6 though

in my case slower probably is better
DizzyRebel

5th Jul 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you kill yourself? Dont you have any self control?

A bike is only as fast as you ride it, dont twist the throttle wide open and dump the clutch in first and it wont kill you. Riding a more powerful bike right from the off teaches you to respect power and learn to control it. starting off on a slow bike teaches you poor throttle control and bad riding styles. Sometimes its better to run before you can walk.

Put a lad whos had a 400 for a year on an R1 and he will ride it like a cocky twat and crash because he thinks shes god and hasnt got a clue what to do with power. Put a lad on an r1 whos never ridden a bike before and he will respect the bikes power and learn its capabilities and his before exploiting them in anger.
taylorboosh

5th Jul 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aahhhh understand what you mean mate, hoping to pass over the rest of summer and autumn so i can save and buy 1 for next year, dont really like the older gsxrs so would be the r6 if any for me
taylorboosh

5th Jul 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would you reckomend buying a 125 or just do lessons and pass test
*JonnyG*

5th Jul 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rs
taylorboosh

5th Jul 09 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but is there any point spending 1000 on a 125 just to pass my test?
DizzyRebel

6th Jul 09 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point buying a 125 if your not going to keep it. Just use their bikes and save for that R6. Dont let anyone fob you off with a bandit or sv either as they are dogsh!t!
taylorboosh

6th Jul 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only like the sport bike look so thats all i would get
Ojc

6th Jul 09 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CBT Wednesday, I might if I can be bothered do a bike test in the next year or so just so I don't have to worry about it in years to come.
DizzyRebel

6th Jul 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its best to get it out the way now because in years to come it will be made obsolete, or that bloody complex that no one wants to do it! Even if you wont use it for a while or it just means you get to take your L plates off and carry pillions on a 125 its worth doing.
radicalry00

6th Jul 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Dont bother with a 400, they cost more to buy and insure than 600's but are half the power and half the fun. and dont bother fitting restrictors either, all you need is the certificate that comes with the kit to take in if you have a producer.

Do restricted licence, buy an early R6 or GSX-R600 then enjoy it.

I understand where you're coming from Dizzy but how much would an R6 cost to insure for someone who has just passed with 0 NCB?
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd be suprised, when they'r restricted to 33bhp the insurance dramatically reduces
radicalry00

6th Jul 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
you'd be suprised, when they'r restricted to 33bhp the insurance dramatically reduces

AFAIK the insurance on a restricted bike is exactly the same as if it was full power. When you get a quote for a bike there is no discount for having it restricted. The insurance company just assumes that the bike is restricted if you only have an A2 license or else you would not be riding in accordance with your license. For instance, they don't give a discount on SV650 (I've tried) whether it's restricted or not.
RichR
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate insured a 749 Ducati the other week at 33hp; first bike after passing, 25 years old, garaged, fully comp for £350. Mileage limit of 7500miles. I don't know if he had a comparison for full power but that seemed very; very cheap
K3 VMU

6th Jul 09 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i passed, i did my cbt saturday, lesson monday.theory tuesday,lesson wed,1st part test thursday,2nd part test on friday, then went out on the saturday and bought myself a brand new cbr600rr,been passed for over 2months now,confidence is gettin built right up,feelin comfortable on the bike and cornering and at speed. my test in total cost me £390, for everything

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike test 23 database queries in 0.0118551 seconds