corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbing querey - Soil vent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbing querey - Soil vent
ash_corsa

User status: Offline
7th Jul 09 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick Q to any plumbers out there...

Ive moved a stud wall in my bathroom which had the soil vent pipe inside.

Now im struggling to fit it in the new stud wall due to the joist layout above so i was wondering if i could put it outside.

Currently it looks like this, comes out of the ground, then a 90 degree elbow into the bathroom, it runs under the bathroom floor then up into the attic and through the roof with a vent on it.

Could we change the outside elbow for a 'T' joint and run the vent pipe up the wall. The only thing is we cant get it 900mm above window height as the roof overhangs quite a bit. Is that a problem?

The only other thing ive found its an air admittance valve, how good are these? Could i use 2" pipe from the waste pipe up the wall into the loft with one of these on the end or has it got to be 3"??

Thanks
myke

8th Jul 09 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How far does the roof overhang?
I'd have thought you could take the angle out quite steeply and have a pipe bracket on the fascia or something to support the weight and then shoot up to get the extra height.

or cut a hole for it in the soffit and have it going through the roof like the existing one does.

I keep hearing about Derco/durko valves but i'm not sure what these are. probably the same as the air admittance valve that you mention.
Sounds like they could save a lot of hassle if they're simple and cheap.
mattk

8th Jul 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air admitance valves are fine either indside or outside, you could bring the vent up inside just above the cistern of the bog and put an air admitance valve on, doesnt have to go into the loft then

ash_corsa

8th Jul 09 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the help, think ive sorted it now. Replaced the whole stack and changed the elbow for a 'tee' and ran the vent right to the top, looks sweet!

New Poll