corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bought a ZXR400 - Shes Home :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bought a ZXR400 - Shes Home :D
dannymccann

User status: Offline
16th Jul 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever
DizzyRebel

16th Jul 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

giz a go, ill show you how they look on one wheel
_Allan_

16th Jul 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MCE are ace. I used them for a number of years. Cheapest for me for about 6 years on the run at one point. Although once did quote £600 more than the previous year which was promptly knocked off and reduced when I called up

[Edited on 16-07-2009 by _Allan_]
dannymccann

17th Jul 09 at 06:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their monthly payments come at a massive interest rate though, on a policy of £206, if you want to pay monthly it ends up costing £263 Will have to put the whole policy on my CC and pay it off next month, better get a few sundays in at Tesco at £11 / hour

edit - but they also include decent breakdown cover with all their policies as well, which saves another £30-£40 a year, they do seem to be pretty decent

[Edited on 17-07-2009 by dannymccann]
dannymccann

17th Jul 09 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even more good news - my insurance quote came through at £206 with a £200 excess, for £230 I only have a £100 excess which Ive taken them up on, then paid £5 extra for personal injury insurance. They asked me if I wanted to combine the rebate from my old insurance (which I thought was £60) so I said yes, they came back and said because Im renewing business with MCE they are waiving the cancellation charges so I am actually getting a rebate of £158 So I am paying £80 to insure a 400cc for a year with 0NCB
_Allan_

17th Jul 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richardhhha

17th Jul 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dad's a kwak fan seeming as hes owned quite a few in the past..

said its a ace little bike, brillient all rounder and is to his knowlage the most reliable out of the 400's. nippy for its cc and a great hoot to ride..
johnhara1

17th Jul 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Know fuck all about bikes, but that looks nice
dannymccann

18th Jul 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont think is standard

Ace ride home, opened her up down the A15 and on the slip roads going on to the motorway, I thought it accelerated quick below 8k, once it reaches 10 Fook me
DizzyRebel

18th Jul 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok it needs a real race can on it, some good tires (as the ones you have on it were put out of production 10 years ago) and those gay stickers removing lol!

Be prepared for the predicted service bill on monday lmao! stay safe mate, its sunny so go for a ride on it nowbefore the rain starts again!

dannymccann

18th Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The mods can wait Luke, a) for funding b) cos its loud enough as it is! The tyres I might look into, when these need replacing of course, you know me And I would go for a ride but I got work at 3, I had a 70km ride home on it anyway so done a fair bit of mileage on first day of ownership anyway

edit - whats wrong with my stickers

And service bill? Id like to think I can do the oil change myself, I managed to do it on the Astra alright

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by dannymccann]
sand-eel

18th Jul 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old skool cool, like on the first old road rash game
Ojc

18th Jul 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H-reg

I used to really like those bikes, like I prefer the AF1 to the RS125, the colour schemes were better back in the day.
dannymccann

18th Jul 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant tell its 1990 from the condition, I dont think so anyway
Bonney

18th Jul 09 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a great bike. Im still kicking myself on the cbr 400 i missed out on for £400. Its now sat in a mates garage been turned into a track bike.

DizzyRebel

18th Jul 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
The mods can wait Luke, a) for funding b) cos its loud enough as it is! The tyres I might look into, when these need replacing of course, you know me And I would go for a ride but I got work at 3, I had a 70km ride home on it anyway so done a fair bit of mileage on first day of ownership anyway

edit - whats wrong with my stickers

And service bill? Id like to think I can do the oil change myself, I managed to do it on the Astra alright

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by dannymccann]

Ha ha your just tight, get the RS sold and you can buy the bits needed! The tires are deathtraps mate, on a cold greasy road they will put you in a ditch for sure. A set of BT090's would cost you about £200 but when you have the contact patch the same size as credit card it reminds you how important good tires are as they keep you shiny side up and theres no logic in skimping on them! Id change them as soon as possible mate for your own safety, seen too many people like you end up in a hedge because of the 10 year old budget tires fitted to their first big bike!

If you can get the oil filter off and have a way of standing the bike up to get the actual level then the oil change should be simple enough, but as its done 20k i hope its had a ful service recently with history to prove else those valve clearances are going to be due!

sand-eel

18th Jul 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old tyres go hard over the years, so they will be worse than when new, even if if are shit when new....even shitter than shit now .
dannymccann

18th Jul 09 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the valve clearances are due Luke tbh, there is a ticking on idle and from what ive read on ZXR400 forum so far it could be tensioner blades, cam chain itself or the clearances. Ill let you have a listen on Monday morning when I come to see ya. Also its 20000mi, 33000km, but the bike has always been serviced by the people whove had it so there is little paperwork with it, so Im thinking a nice overhaul will do the trick over the next few days.

Ill see about the tyres, I get my grant from uni soon so should cover that and the service nicely

O yea and the fairing thats vanished somewhere on the M180

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bought a ZXR400 - Shes Home :D 23 database queries in 0.0147440 seconds