corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine ID and conversion questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine ID and conversion questions
jibjob

User status: Offline
19th Jul 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any way to identify what car an engine came from? im not bothered about the Reg number of the car etc but just which model it came from.

i have a C20XE but could do with identifying which car it came from as im going to need to know to be able to declare it on the V5 and on insurance.

its an early coil type engine.

the other thing is i need a list of every single little bit i will need to convert a 1.2 8v to 2.0 16v. i can think of most things but would appreciate it if people could tell me anything ive missed.

MPI fuel pump
Mounts
Shafts
Loom
ECU
Engine
Box
Wiring harness
Brakes
GSI or Diesel ARB
ARB spacers

I know i need dials but i cant think which ones. i have 0-130 electric dials at the moment and the F20 box i have is also electric output.

do i need any fuses/relays/etc for the fuel pump or new loom?

is there anything else i need or need to know before i start as im hoping to get it all ready and have the engine in and running within a couple of days if i have all the parts there to start with.

[Edited on 19-07-2009 by jibjob]
ali_corsa

19th Jul 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just need the engine number off the block for the v5
scunnylad

20th Jul 09 at 05:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say its from a cav as your insurance is cheaper lol

New Poll