corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Spend a moment of your time....
Ojc

User status: Offline
21st Jul 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But to the uneducated their choices are either, army, McDonalds or dole.

You oppress the oppressed and you create a country of oppression.

Hence the rise of the chav, anti social behaviour and lack of respect for anyone or anything.
John

21st Jul 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the excuse for being uneducated though?

I went to primary school in a terrible area and i'm not in Afghanistan being shot at by a guy with a towel on his head.
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Growing up with parents that would rather watch Eastenders or beat the shit out of each other sometimes has an adverse effect on little Jonnys education.
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mjw_2k2
quote:
Originally posted by John
Are the pay scales and the fact you have to go to war not well known before you join?

are they hell!!! i just got a paragraph description of my job which is nothing like what im doing and then got given the papers lol, alot of people dont know what theyre signing up for!!

So you weren't aware of what salary you would recieve or the fact that there was a very good chance of you being deployed in a warzone?
mjw_2k2

21st Jul 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should get paid alot more for their job role and not their rank, we have sgts on 3 times a privates wage just for time served basically doing the same job but has a bit more responsibility! its really not fair being a lower rank, my pay is also wrong, thanks to the beloved JPA system im on 20k and should be on 24k there is a guy who has done 1 year less than me and he is on 22k for exactly the same job!! but il get it all back as backpay so not to worried but still the system is fucked
mjw_2k2

21st Jul 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont get told the salary rates when you join up or atleast i didnt!! and obviously you wouldnt join the forces without knowing about getting deployed, on the other hand i know people who have done 20 years and have never been anywhere outside uk, and myself have been deployed 9 times in 4 years!
John

21st Jul 09 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You wouldn't take another job without knowing the salary so why would you join the army without finding out
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tell all serviceman to get the fcuk out the army after learning a trade and to join the private security firms. At least you are paid accordingly to the risk you are taking.

And you get better equipment and weapons.
Mad Moe

21st Jul 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you signed up to do a job with no idea with what you were going to be paid? As for the guy you know who has never left the UK is that down to his role or purely luck of the draw? If it's the latter I can understand why you might be a little pissed!
mjw_2k2

21st Jul 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest i didnt join up for the money although when ive done my time i know il be on alot, i joined up for the career, the job and all the training etc its a chance to experience pretty much anything i want to knowing that at the end of the day i have job security and being part of the royal air force is one of the best jobs in the uk
3lfz

21st Jul 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's really bad at spelling.
Can't imagine having to read something like that though.
DizzyRebel

21st Jul 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC has a point, people who are from the slums are 9 times out of 10 born into poverty and if given the chance they would love to be able to lead a clean life with a good edcation and job prospects at the end of it so they could attain basic goals such as owning their own house and rasing a family.

Instead they have 4 options: The infantry, minimum wage for the rest of their life - stacking shelves or flipping burgers, the dole or crime. If they join the army as a way of sorting themselves out in the hope that it brings them the chance to learn some respect and earn some money to start a family with then they will be let down as the money they get paid isnt enough to pay for a council flat and support a dog with let alone a family and mortgage. And after the army its over to maccies to flip burgers until they reach 65, talk about bleak futures.

The armed forces infantry are so underpaid its sickening, people who join up to fight in battlezones should be rewarded with enough money to make the job worthwhile. Afterall its not their fault its their only option and they deserve to be paid amply to put their lives on the line! To me risking life and limb for some dumb ass war commends a better salary than 99% of other careers available to the higher class people who are just a waste of space as far as society goes.

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]
mjw_2k2

21st Jul 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
So you signed up to do a job with no idea with what you were going to be paid? As for the guy you know who has never left the UK is that down to his role or purely luck of the draw? If it's the latter I can understand why you might be a little pissed!

yes its pretty much luck of the draw!! your name gets picked at random to get deployed, with my job role i have been deployed 7 times to iraq/afghan and at the same time they picked me to do a 4 month deployment in the falklands, where a guy i joined up with has worked in the same office for four years and not been anywhere, im not really complaining because its what i joined up for and to be honest ive loved every minute of it!, ive got 5 weeks off after my 4 months away and i leave for afghan end of august for another deployment!! good times lol
Ojc

21st Jul 09 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to be stationed in the Falklands.

Isn't the Falklands been turned into a much better defended Island since "82?

Some of the best equipment is based out there.
mjw_2k2

21st Jul 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol no theres not alot there!! still got rapier sites and radar mountain sites but thats about it lol i loved it down there tho its the forces best kept secret lol
Danny P

21st Jul 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
OJC has a point, people who are from the slums are 9 times out of 10 born into poverty and if given the chance they would love to be able to lead a clean life with a good edcation and job prospects at the end of it so they could attain basic goals such as owning their own house and rasing a family.

Instead they have 4 options: The infantry, minimum wage for the rest of their life - stacking shelves or flipping burgers, the dole or crime. If they join the army as a way of sorting themselves out in the hope that it brings them the chance to learn some respect and earn some money to start a family with then they will be let down as the money they get paid isnt enough to pay for a council flat and support a dog with let alone a family and mortgage. And after the army its over to maccies to flip burgers until they reach 65, talk about bleak futures.

The armed forces infantry are so underpaid its sickening, people who join up to fight in battlezones should be rewarded with enough money to make the job worthwhile. Afterall its not their fault its their only option and they deserve to be paid amply to put their lives on the line! To me risking life and limb for some dumb ass war commends a better salary than 99% of other careers available to the higher class people who are just a waste of space as far as society goes.

[Edited on 21-07-2009 by DizzyRebel]

Bollocks. Everyone, and I mean everyone has the oppertunity in this Country to make something of thier lives. To suggest they only have 4 options is laughable.

Yes, I know other factors come into it, but everyone is given a free education. Its down to the individual to apply thier selfs and learn enough to make a decent living. Evn if thier home life is sketchy, if someone wants to succeed in life they can do. Nobody forces them to act the cunt and waste thier life away.

IMO, simply the word Army would strike a chord with me straight away which would indicate that there would be some risk involved. I know a lot of people join the army to get a trade, fair play to them, but they should also know that they could be called up to fight in a war. If they dont know this then personally I think they are a bit stupid.

Yes, its a risky job, and like I said earlier any who joins has my full respect. However, to suggest its the only option to them is quite silly.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Spend a moment of your time.... 23 database queries in 0.0142000 seconds