corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Front Disc pads problem.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Front Disc pads problem.
MoodCorsa

User status: Offline
28th Jul 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, Please help me with a disc problem I have. I was slowly running down hill with the window open and noticed a rubbing noise fron my front off side brake. I removed the wheel and span the disc, it would spin but was tight. I levered back the caliper to free the disc from the pads and the disc span freely. Then after applying the brakes again it was hard to spin and tight again.
How do the brakes back off the disc? Is there a spring for this?
the other side is ok, there are no signs of leaking, when I backed off the caliper the whole cradle ( disc housing ) moved freely , no seizing.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

DaveyLC

28th Jul 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are floating calipers, they will always bind slightly after use.

Try taking the caliper off the slider and greasing up the sliders with some teflon grease.
davieslim

28th Jul 09 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what nicks the discs and pads in?

New Poll