corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi Project.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi Project.
WestGSi

User status: Offline
29th Jul 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys not sure where to start my names Jamie and im 18, my first car was a Arden blue 1.4 16v sport.

Sold that for a 206 d turbo for work cause its very econimcal on diesel for commuting.

Always wanted a GSi even when had my sport couldnt insure one at the time.

Just purchased a 93 L Reg Carabic Blue GSi, Very Good Bodywork And Chassis From A Lad On Here.

Big Plans, Either Keep It Un Molesterd And Keep Standard Or Turn It Into A Track/Road Car With A C20LET/ C20XE

Will Update Later With Plans Cheers
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jul 09 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome, get some pics up mate
corsa_and1

29th Jul 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with it m8
WestGSi

2nd Aug 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick update while on here, car has been stripped to a bare shell and ready to be welded as showing signs of age and a few holes

Plans are to get the car in the bodyshop asap and have a full respray in carabic blue, either have the orignal 3 spoke GSi wheels or get a set of comp mos, drop it a tad bit lower than it is now currently 30mm all round on g max, looking at putting a dtm back box and a cat back stainless system may even have a decat.

Send the dashboard off to be flocked, have the door cards covered in a new fabric (currently has the new sport interior).

Also not sure what to do either make it into a road/track slag or try and turn it into a standard with suttlle mods.

Currently has a x16xe fitted but smokes a wee bit needs oil vavle stem seals and piston rings so debating whether to rebuild the engine or get a c20xe but they seem to be getting common may go down the route of a cavvy 2.0seh 8v ? opinions welcome.

Will update with pics as soon as i get the camera sorted

Thanks
nick_sri

2nd Aug 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go for the xe mate , reason there comoon is cause there good
Richardhhha

2nd Aug 09 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but they are getting harder to find a good base engine tho, and it will cost you a fre few hundered sqwid to rebild it yourself...

get some pics up of teh GSi (i miss mine now lol)
16vKarlos

3rd Aug 09 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread needs pics.. but sounds great....

Keep taking the pics even if you cant get them on here straight away... upload them all at once.

Good luck with the build though dude sounds like alot of thought behind your ideas.. Good man

Karlos
WestGSi

3rd Aug 09 at 06:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replys guys, yea ive got a good few pics from purchase to where i am and all the bits ive purchased so far will update in one big lump .

Cheers
ly51ohh
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Aug 09 at 01:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics?
shauny bizzle

4th Aug 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does it mean the dash being flocked? i had a caribic blue gsi loved it, i loved it that much im buildiing a fast road slag car lol but using the C16xe still as i think its a bloody good lump imo,
WestGSi

5th Aug 09 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slight update, purchased a complete set of GSi Seats Just need front door cards now.

Yeah the c16xe is a very good engine, i have the x16xe in mine which is going and either a 2.0seh or c20xe will be going in its place

Flocking is what is used on road/rally cars on the dash boards, its like a fury material that covers the complete dash.

Cheers Jamie

[Edited on 05-08-2009 by WestGSi]
WestGSi

5th Aug 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a picture of the car from the advert;
Wheels have been taken off and sold and is sitting on orginal GSi Wheels painted in metallic grey

shauny bizzle

7th Aug 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah rite fair enough lol now i know, sounds like u got a gd few plans

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi Project. 24 database queries in 0.0098190 seconds