corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ronnie Biggs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ronnie Biggs
Cosmo

User status: Offline
6th Aug 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
And put them where exactly, we have no prison space as too many people are being put away?

And you can't build loads of prisons because the public don't want to live near them.

I say send them to Oz.......

Their is fuck loads of space to build prisons. Farms are closing down by the day, the Govt can declare the land as building land and build new prisons - creating shit load of jobs at the same time.

Failing that fence off Isle of man and use that.
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
What actually makes this even worse, is the old fecker did the crime in 1963, but ran away abroad. If he'd of stayed and did his time then he'd be free by now anyway.

Well, he's now done 10 years now anyway, regardless of his globetrotting.

And I seem to recall that whilst there was a guard murdered it wasn't Biggs (or not proven anyways)

Plenty of armed robbers get out before 10 years

What about for avoiding arrest for 40yrs or whatever it was?
Eck
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by willay
Good thing someone like you isnt running the country, you seem angry craig, do you need a hug?

tbh the country needs someone with balls who is willing to be tough on things.

Instead of letting criminals out we should make sentences longer.
Instead of giving chavs asbo's we should shove them in prison too.
Instead of paedo's and whatever only getting 3yrs and serving 1.5yrs they should get life.

And put them where exactly, we have no prison space as too many people are being put away?

And you can't build loads of prisons because the public don't want to live near them.

I say send them to Oz.......

Tbh, I think crime would fall quite a bit if you tell the local neds that their asbo will now turn to a 6 month sentence! People would realise that they won't get a slap on the wrist anymore... And bring back the death sentence for the murderers. We have so much technology to make sure that the prosecuted is the guilty party so there won't be as many accidental deaths
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

38 years from 63 as he returned in 2001 i think, did he not get kidknapped in the 80's from Brazil and sent to Panama or something in hope of getting a reward from UK police, but it turned out Panama had the same extradition policies as Brazil?

It was a really trivial reason why the Brazilian feds wouldn't send him back aswell... "Anyone who is the father of a Brazilian child cannot be extradited"
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, its the people who have no balls who just want to hug a murderer to solve all their problems that have made this country into the shithole it is today. Criminals know they can get away with it as our justice system is a fucking joke.
Tommy L

6th Aug 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes you should find out
Well i learnt something new today. When sentenced, they never say 'life', they get a recommendation of XX years which is the minimum they should serve.

So no, no half sentences for good behavior
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
38 years from 63 as he returned in 2001 i think, did he not get kidknapped in the 80's from Brazil and sent to Panama or something in hope of getting a reward from UK police, but it turned out Panama had the same extradition policies as Brazil?

It was a really trivial reason why the Brazilian feds wouldn't send him back aswell... "Anyone who is the father of a Brazilian child cannot be extradited"

It was Barbados they took him too. And apparently years later the guys who did it said it was all set up by the police to get him back!

Oh...and does that mean if I have a kid with your sis then I can do what the fuck I want and run off to Brazil?
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I go back, I always see Biggs t-shirts, muggs, keyrings on sale everywhere, his son Michael makes a packet from them.
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

It was Barbados they took him too. And apparently years later the guys who did it said it was all set up by the police to get him back!

Oh...and does that mean if I have a kid with your sis then I can do what the fuck I want and run off to Brazil?

Yes, then when I babysit, I'd kick the little scrote in the teeth/toothless gum area.
Danny P

6th Aug 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hes no longer a threat to society, prison is essentially a place to hold people that are a threat.

No it isn't.

He was handed a 30 year sentence, regardless of how old or frail he is he should serve that sentence. Not until its decided "he isn't a threat" as thats not the point, the point is its some sort of closure and justice to the victims and their families. Not just a way of keeping people from reoffending, its also supposed to be a punishment.
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait for Jeremy Vine to have this talk on his Radio 2 show soon, the calls that the callers make to the show and the people that guest appear on it remind me of a radiowave version of OffDay.
Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Imagine that, us lot on the radio
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can't wait for Jeremy Vine to have this talk on his Radio 2 show soon, the calls that the callers make to the show and the people that guest appear on it remind me of a radiowave version of OffDay.

Yep, perhaps they will also be calling him a 'murderer'
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Did he murder anyone? Or has someone suggested it?
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did some digging, apparently he just gave somebody a good crack round the chops.
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Did he murder anyone? Or has someone suggested it?

Fairplay, having read the thread I stand corrected

It's a common misconception though...

Personally, I think the Biggs saga has been over exaggerated by media hype back then/in Auz/and Brazil. I don't think he ever deserved the sentence he got, and the fact that he has royally screwed the UK deportment system has worked against him.

J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules I wasn't being on a high horse, I assumed you knew more about it than me, I didn't know what part he played in it all.
Jules S
Premium Member

6th Aug 09 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jules I wasn't being on a high horse, I assumed you knew more about it than me, I didn't know what part he played in it all.

No worries whatsoever you didn't come across as being on your high horse.

I don't know a great deal about the robbery either, but what I do know/think is that the UK gov's/media have spun the robbery into a veritable redtop mediafest.

For quite some time it was the biggest robbery in the UK (great news) add to that the bloke did a runner (better news) then abused some deportation agreements (international news) came back via the NOTW/Sun (media news) then gets UK NHS treatment (Daily Mail news)

After all that media coverage people are now understandingly moaning about him getting out even when alledgedly he cant talk/walk hear.

If he was my grandad I would want him out of a prison when he died, regardless of the fact he has his face on mugs/t-shirts in Brazil.

Cosmo

6th Aug 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If he was my grandad I would want him out of a prison when he died, regardless of the fact he has his face on mugs/t-shirts in Brazil.

Thats great, but he is a criminal and shouldnt be freed just because he is dying.

I dont care if he is someones great grandad or someones only parent, no room for sympathy in our justice system.
J da Silva

6th Aug 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usual case with media, I bet if he'd just handed himself over immediately after the robbery he'd have been free by 1975.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ronnie Biggs 23 database queries in 0.0147462 seconds