corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Tigra Daily Driver.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Tigra Daily Driver.
AlexW

User status: Offline
9th Aug 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Around 3weeks ago i was looking on ebay for a astra or corsa, just somthing to get me by while the nova is off the road and due to the fact that i cant trust it!. I just thought id look to see what tigra's sell for, see if there in my small price range... A week later i collected a 1.6 16v chequers (So has PAS, ABS, E/W, C/L, A/C, Electric sunroof and a few other small things) With a Irmy spoiler!

It was sold as what was thought to be a snapped cambelt, but as soon as i got there i checked.... and it had snapped! Handed over £150 and trailed it back from maidstone.

On the night of getting it back i stripped the head off it and found 6 bent valves, 2 valve guides stuffed but no damage on the pistons or head. Perfect.

The engine bay went from this:

To this:

Next day i orderd the bits and then rebuilt all the head. 2days later the car was running perfect

After a few other things were sorted i booked the mot (Tuesday!), its insured as of today, just so i get the insurance certificate next week so i can tax it and use it next weekend.... Providing it passes the MOT.

Ive also been buying things for it, another drivers door as mine has some minor rust, collect that later today. Also some tigra 5 spoke wheels like i have on my nova and a rear towing eye cover next weekend.

So far this car has only cost me around £400.

Il let the pics do the work now, as this has turned out to be a very long post for a car ive only owned 2 or 3 weeks lol.

Comments please.
AndyCorsaSport

9th Aug 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a bargain for what it stands you at mate! Nice one!!
AlexW

11th Aug 09 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers^

And this morning it passed the MOT! Just need to get my insurance in the post and il tax it. In no rush yet.
AlexW

5th Jan 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done much on the car but got some new shoes on it.

Got a few more jobs to be done. Already done a few like blue dash blubs.

Still running good so no complains.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My Tigra Daily Driver. 24 database queries in 0.0075810 seconds