corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Questions about getting the corsa on a Hunter Alignment Machine.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Questions about getting the corsa on a Hunter Alignment Machine.
mww

User status: Offline
11th Aug 09 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so I've just had the Corsa Sport lowered 40mm on Jamex springs (kept standard shocks) and had Astra GSi Fan Blades fitted (195/50/15 tyres).

I now want it all tracked up and the toe and camber sorting.

In fact I'm getting a bit paranoid about the camber. I don't want any negative camber at all. It's not a track car, it's our daily driver. I don't want the car running on the insides of the tyres and them also prematurely wearing out.

I've got the car booked into a garage in Bolton which has the Hunter machine and the fella asked me whether there was camber adjustment on Corsa B's. I said there is on the front but no adjustment on the rears (is this right?)

Now, I've seen these camber adjustment bolts on lmf

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=16680&cat=0&page=1

So my question is this:

Will I need to purchase these and take them with me to the garage for them to adjust the front camber ?

sand-eel

11th Aug 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no adjustment at all standard, its not the camber that wears tyres out usually its the toe angle.
sand-eel

11th Aug 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you lower the car it will toe out, so wheels are pointing away from the car, this wears the inside edge.
mww

11th Aug 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that the reason yeah ?

Looking at the corsa from the rear while nowhere near as bad as some Corsa's I've seen with 17's on, it looks like there is more pressure on the inside of the tyre due to the camber of the wheels.

Shouldn't the car be sitting on the tyre flat, with an even pressure on all of the tyre ?
Jake

11th Aug 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope the rear beam on the corsa is normally set with quite abit of neg camber from the factory
Mattb

11th Aug 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above - no adjustment as standard but the bolts will allow some adjusment..

i would say they are worth it if the cars been lowered - for extra piece of mind
CorsAsh

11th Aug 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where in Bolton are you taking it? I always took my Corsa to Thistlethwaites and they've sorted it without ever asking about camber etc.
sport16v

11th Aug 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless it's running escessive camber, it will be fine, unless all you do is sit on straight roads constantly

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Questions about getting the corsa on a Hunter Alignment Machine. 23 database queries in 0.0095711 seconds