corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cally oil/volt gauge wires

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cally oil/volt gauge wires
Jake

User status: Offline
11th Aug 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the plan was to rip the whole loom for the gauges out the car but had abit of gyp finding it in the bay so only have abit of the loom. I'm useless with electronics but can only guess black is earth and brown is ignition live? but which one is for the oil pressure and which one is for the voltage?

also how would i wire up the voltage and will i need the oil pressure sensor from the car i got the gauges from to get a pressure feed for the gauge?

thanks alot

[Edited on 11-08-2009 by jake]

[Edited on 11-08-2009 by jake]
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah need the oil pressure sensor. wire voltage up to just an ignition live. i swear its the blue wire thats the oil pressure with the black trace. will have a look tomorrow if you want.
Jake

11th Aug 09 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes please mate if you could. the thing is the gauges wont be fitted to a vauxhall which is why i ask about the pressure sensor
Ste
Premium Member

11th Aug 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't always asume that it uses the same colours as houshold wiring. Find out by looking in a Haynes.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

11th Aug 09 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at the colours of the wires on the sensors, they will most likely be the same colour as the ones on the other end of the loom. also, use a multimeter to con check them to make sure they are right.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Jake

11th Aug 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont trust my assumptions so wouldnt go ahead and wire it in without getting the facts. i dont have a haynes manual for the car neither otherwise id have checked that out
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 09 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
Don't always asume that it uses the same colours as houshold wiring. Find out by looking in a Haynes.

its from an older vauxhall though so yes brown is earth and black is switched live. i actually think black and yellow is just illumination for them actually. and the voltage comes from the black wire anyway for the gauge. will look tomorrow though if nobody else can answer. only re-wired it the other day and have forgotten.
Jake

11th Aug 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok brown is earth and black is switched live thats a start. i dont have a clue where anything is on the ecotonic engine otherwise id have checked out what wires were going to the oil pressure sensor. Nic do you mean blue and yellow is illumination because i dont have black and yellow
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one with yellow trace i mean.
Jake

11th Aug 09 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet. ill get them all labelled up appreciate the help Nic but if you could double check the wires to be certain that would be cool
Nic Barnes

11th Aug 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah will get a check tomorrow. would take me half hour to dig the car out as its surrounded by boxes and stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Oil-Pressure-Switch-90337695-Calibra-Nova_W0QQitemZ200370469797QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2ea702bba5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thats the pressure sender you need. comes on a fair few vauxhall engines.the plug goes to the dash, and the threaded one is where the wire for the pressure gauge goes on to. ring connecter small nut job. virtually positive its the blue trace wire for oil pressure. will let you know tomorrow if someone else hasnt.

New Poll