corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP ME DIAGNOSE MY CAR (rev problem)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP ME DIAGNOSE MY CAR (rev problem)
1.0l12vbadboy

User status: Offline
12th Aug 09 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it is actualy my girl friends car but i need help either way as "its my job to fix it". Please please please can some one help me

Its a 1.2 16v SXI Corsa (B) 1999

HISTORY

Had the car now just over a year and have had all the common problems: Crank shaft sensor, Oil pressure switch & EGR Valve

PROBLEM

The car is acting very funny it turns over first time every time with no help from the throttle and idles spot on, however as soon as the throttle is pressed (with any sort of pressure) the car will splutter and try to cut out. Some time lets off a loud bang from inside the inlet.

The car has been getting gradually worse to the point it is now undrivable.

On first inspection i thought it was the airflow meter so changed (at an extortionate price). this did not make any difference whatsoever.

My girlfriend had mentioned the engine management light came on "every now and again" so i proceeded to plug in the diagnostics machine. This brought up a Lamber sensor fault (02 sensor). i know this means the mixture is wrong and this confirmed my suspicion (of a mixture fault) i then purchased a lamba sensor and fitted, with no joy the car still failed to rev....

After some research on the Internet told me there maybe a air leak from the inlet manifold gasket, this evening i have striped the inlet back and removed to find the gaskets are perfect with no signs of were or perforation.

I am no stuck for ideas and wondered if any of you guys had the same problem or may know what the resolution is???

look forward to your response, as i am sick of getting up half an hour early to take my girlfriend to work every morning

Thank Ben
johnhara1

13th Aug 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CTS would cause fueling issues and it's only £10 to replace.

Worth a shot?

1.0l12vbadboy

13th Aug 09 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks, please could you give me the location of this!
moggz

13th Aug 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just brught a corsa with a gsi an mine stated to do it after i washed the car it turnd out to be a few pipes had come out now fine if i was u id have a good look at all the pipes hope this will help

New Poll