corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » immobiliser/Key chip/ecu/transponder

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author immobiliser/Key chip/ecu/transponder
Root

User status: Offline
14th Aug 09 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car is 1.2 8v corsa B, P reg.

I am going to fit an x18xe1, which is a small block engine from a astra, vectra, zafira and I think corsa C.

I have an 'avital' alarm and remote central locking fitted. to my car.

I'm very concerned about the ECU chip/transponder/key chip/immobiliser not matching, thus the engine not firing up.

I'm thinking about buying an x18xe1 from ebay, then using a ECU chip from the local scrap yard, I'm gonna have to get my ecu chip reprogrammed to match my traponsder, immobiliser and key chip, aren't i?
davieslim

14th Aug 09 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt you be better just buying a whole car and taking the lot out it rather then getting bits from here and there
Root

14th Aug 09 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
wouldnt you be better just buying a whole car and taking the lot out it rather then getting bits from here and there

that depends, I've been offered a x18xe1 engine with 32k miles on for £275, which considering the milage is pretty fair. But then I have to source a matching transponder, key chip and ECU...and possibly an exhaust system, I'm not sure yet but I'm 99% sure the exhaust I have atm, won't fit
AlexW

14th Aug 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont really understand your post but the ecu, keychip and transponder all have to be from the same car.

And vauxhall wont reprogram unless you have ALL the details from the donar car. Oh and it will cost you a shed load.
Root

14th Aug 09 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
I dont really understand your post but the ecu, keychip and transponder all have to be from the same car.

And vauxhall wont reprogram unless you have ALL the details from the donar car. Oh and it will cost you a shed load.

I was concerned because I didn't understand what the transponder on the ignition barrel looked like but I understand now, it's that rubber ring that sits on the end of the barrel, think I'll get the set from the scrapyard if I can find a car with a key in (sometimes fall out the sun visors and all sorts)

[Edited on 14-08-2009 by Root]

New Poll