corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » IP Addys and stuff I dont understand

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IP Addys and stuff I dont understand
mattk

User status: Offline
20th Aug 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is someone on facebook spreading rumours amongst my friends, although I have only been minorly involved and find it very childish I wouldnt mind knowing who it is as they are making a few people quite upset and causing them un needed agro and it could do with stopping before it gets any more serious

from reading all the messages this person has said its becomming clear to me that its someone within the group of friends concerned, they know things that only this small circle of mates know, I have narrowed it down to 2 people

my question is wether there is a way to see if a message he has sent from his alter egos account came from the same PC as his own account

I dont really know anything about this stuff so ignore me if Im talking crap

[Edited on 20-08-2009 by mattk]
oceansoul

20th Aug 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have to get in touch with facebook id imagine. they will keep a log of all log ins and the associated IP addresses. Thinking about it they prolly wont give it out, due to the data protection act and all that.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you can't and you won't get any info out of Facebook either.

Best way is to check for similar spelling mistakes, same bad grammar, daft things like that.
mattk

20th Aug 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt think it would be so easy, Im not too bothered as Im not really involved, just really really curious, its someone pissing about because I told them to fuck off and didnt have any more mither, the others that bit and have got upset keep getting more abuse

they must not have anything better to do

cheers for clearing that up though
Brett
Premium Member

20th Aug 09 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a similar thing happen and they were caught out by miss-spelling someone's name using the dodgy account and their own
mattk

20th Aug 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found out the main bird they are on at has had over 50 messages in 2 days of this tosser and one of my closest mates has had 20 saying he is gonna get filled in haha so childish
mwg

20th Aug 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can block people you know
mattk

20th Aug 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah she has done now, think the damage has already been done

its a right pickle, their own fault though I suppose

New Poll