corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Re-Trimming door cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Re-Trimming door cards
DanCorsaBVan

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 09 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about retrimming ny own door cards, rekon itl b relatively easy jst using sum spray adhesive.... just wondered if anyone had done it? planning on taking old material off but dunno if it'd b easier and just as effective to just lay a new material over that? .... ne help or pics be much appreciated think one of you already done it with leather? ...cheers
DanCorsaBVan

22nd Aug 09 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen the other related threads now I've posted this... shus b able to search thru the help thread, without having to post summat to see al others related?

anyway think I'm going to leave old material on as I rnt retrimming with leather or vinyl so dbt think it shud b too bad or have a problem shutting door.I thought spray adheasive wud be mre thn fine but aparently not?may have to shop around, ne ideas ?
marklawton

22nd Aug 09 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my advice is leave it to the professionals. lol. me and the girlfriend did mine, took the materiel off and then re-trimmed in leather and they keep on bubbling with the heat from the sun, have used loads of different glues but carnt find one strong enough. also you don't relise how many curves etc are on the door cards until you start doing it, its a lot harder than you think
DanCorsaBVan

22nd Aug 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm maybe, ye well it's your pics I've seen thts the spray adheasive I wa gunna use. werrent going to do leather tho jst a black fabric so shudnt av a problem with bubbling? just put sport seats in my corsa so wnted blk door cards rather thn the blk spotty sport door cards but may jst look for sum of them. .... how much u rekon re-trim cst professionally?
FAZ
Premium Member

22nd Aug 09 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen it advertised when i looked around 50 - £200+ for same material, same door panel. pay for what you get mind

New Poll