corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake cylinders

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake cylinders
LOCK3TT360

User status: Offline
24th Aug 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got to replace my brake cylinders, so i have removed the drums, undone the 10mm bolts at the back which hold the cylinders on but im not sure what size the bolts are that hold the brake fluid lines on, and if there is anything else that i need to remove.

any ideas folks?

Cheers
alan-g-w

24th Aug 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an olive that joins the pipe to the cylinder is it not? Why do you need to know the size of bolts, why not just try different spanners?
davieslim

24th Aug 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

10mm or 11mm for the brake pipe and an 8mm for the bleed nipple, if the cylinders been leaking then id check the shoes as soon as there covered in brake fluid they start to deteriate

LOCK3TT360

26th Aug 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gonna replace the shoes aswell, they were soaked.

The reason why i need to get a spanner is because it isnt a normal spanner, it has to be a brake line spanner.

The person who i brought my car off has nearly completely rounded off the bolt so i need to buy the proper spanner so i dont do any more damage to the bolt.

Any more ideas pps?

Thanks for the replies btw

New Poll