corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling My Car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling My Car
ed

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of getting something a bit faster soon, so I'm going to be selling the Punto. Thing is, the MOT and service are due in December and the warranty is out then.

Would people be more interested in the car if I got all that sorted before selling, meaning I should wait a bit before shifting it? The only thing that puts me off waiting is I'd be trying to sell it during December/January; what's people's experience selling at that time?

Ta
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst time ever to sell, December is party month + Xmas, Jan everyone's feeling the pinch post December + sales are on.

Why not sell now while its still got MOT & warranty for 5 months?
CORSA NUT

26th Aug 09 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ditto to Colins idea..
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure if I'm really in a position to sell it right now; I guess I could but it would put me a bit out of my comfort zone regarding paying for the new one. Going to be getting the next one on finance and I've only just started at my new job.
taylor2008

26th Aug 09 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with colin, if you try and sell it now its not going to cost you anyfink, as were if you sell in december it will, mot and that,plus some one might want it as a pressy for there son daughter for xmas or something. gud luk tho
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what your going to be buying aswell, if you going for used then September when the 59 comes out would be ideal. If going for new then you'd probably get a better deal Dec/Jan when there quiet....no?
deano87

26th Aug 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely get the 1st MOT and a service out the way before you sell. Might not necessarily mean it'll fetch a premium, but it will definitely make it easier to shift. If you sold a 3 year old car without an MOT, people will think something is up with it.

Out of curiosity, what is the mileage and price you'd be looking at?!
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking along the same lines as you Colin r.e. buying in December/January. I'm not sure if I'm going used or new. Used if an Astra VXR or Clio F1 new if a Corsa VXR or Punto Sporting. Who knows, need to find a good deal on it all before I'm doing anything
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Out of curiosity, what is the mileage and price you'd be looking at?!
40k with a full Fiat service history. The dealer said that I could get about £5.5k-£6k for it on a private sale. He said he'd give me fuck all for a part-ex and not to even bother thinking Loved his honesty!
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you need to decide what it is & if you go for used then get looking next month when people PX for 59's.

There's no harm trying to sell yours in the meantime. Start with a highish price and see what happens. If it doesn't sell within 6-8 weeks then leave it until dec/jan & have it MOt'd and serviced.

Id rather sell now and get 5.5k than wait 5 months, have to pay for MOT / Service and possibly its then only worth 5k?
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another good point. You're a bad man, tempting me to spend my money
ed

26th Aug 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could still go for an RX7, my dad wasn't convinced when I was telling him about it

What does he know
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother put his Vec GSi up for sale last November and got no interest at all till the back end of Jan, eventually sold it at the end of Feb. Definitely not a good time to sell
deano87

26th Aug 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
My brother put his Vec GSi up for sale last November and got no interest at all till the back end of Jan, eventually sold it at the end of Feb. Definitely not a good time to sell

Vec GSi is a whole different ball game tbh.

The Punto is a cheap as chips motor so 'credit crunch' friendly.
Mike
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my dad sold his BMW 740i less than 24 hours after listing it on Autotrader in April so that blows that theory out of the water
ed

26th Aug 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's probably safe to say that it's a buyers market and the end/beginning of the year...
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The crispy crunch is over deano.....didnt anyone tell you

Yes yes get an RX7
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well my dad sold his BMW 740i less than 24 hours after listing it on Autotrader in April so that blows that theory out of the water

Aprils not Dec/Jan though??

Statistically its the worst time to sell.....dont think ive ever bought a car around then
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I think it's probably safe to say that it's a buyers market and the end/beginning of the year...

Less people looking to buy so possibly.........
Mike
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:

Aprils not Dec/Jan though??

That's the point I was making, Deano said the Vec was a complete different ball game because it isn't coco pops friendly but then I offered an example of an even less corn flakes friendly car selling very quickly at a different time of year because you've moved away from the Dec/Jan slump

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling My Car 23 database queries in 0.0128999 seconds