corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » BT are idiots

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BT are idiots
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 09 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I phoned up yesterday and cancelled the direct debit for the line rental as I'm changing banks so I've opted to pay it another way when it's due every 3 months, they're going to charge me an extra £4 for this. So I pay £40 every 3 months just to have the BT line open for the internet, we don't use the housephone.

What are my other options, can I cancle it alltogether and go with a different/cheaper company? do sky offer anything like this as I'll throw the broadband in with my sky package and get it for cheaper, broadband is with AOL btw.

Any help appreciated.
dannymccann

16th Sep 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have SkyTalk which is a couple of quid cheaper a month than BT, same service basically.

Im in the same boat as you Only have the telephone line because no one can be bothered to put in cable, otherwise id be all over VM
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I don't need to pay BT essentially?

I can just do it all through Sky?
dannymccann

16th Sep 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, I have phone, TV, internet all through the 'BT' phoneline, but I pay Sky for everything.

Think its £38 a month for phone line, internet (up to 8mb, im not in an unbundles excchange so get the worse deal) and Sky+ with music channels

[Edited on 16-09-2009 by dannymccann]
Conway563

16th Sep 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you can Danny.
BT are fucking idiots, told me my DD would come out every month on the same day then took it early and put me overdrawn. Currently arguing with them over the charges for it.
Sky rental is cheaper AFAIK and their top brodband package is then £10 a month
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really, what arseholes?!

What is the package you have through Sky? is it unlimited use or is it capped?
dannymccann

16th Sep 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines unlimited, they will tell you its £17 a month for internet, but they always do it for £10 as a "favour for you"
Conway563

16th Sep 09 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't go for sky as theironly unlimited package was the £10 one, can't remember what you get for the £5 but the free one was only 2gb IIRC

I went with O2 in the end as it's £7.30 a month for unlimited 8mb. Managed to get 4 months free and £50 cash back so works out at £8.40 for the years internet
Conway563

16th Sep 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Mines unlimited, they will tell you its £17 a month for internet, but they always do it for £10 as a "favour for you"

Depends what area you're in and whether the exchange has been updated
noshua

16th Sep 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky are brilliant, it is a truly unlimited service. All our services are through them.

If you can get virgin cable then you don't need to have a phone line.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, although I don't think we have cable in this area at the minute.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, Sky can't offer me an unlimited package for this area so I'll have to keep looking round, views on Tiscali?
stubs

16th Sep 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this issue recently.. I can't get Virgin cable as they havent installed onto our estate (was built about 7 years ago now & still no sign of it)

I resent paying for a phone line when I have no want/need other than to provide the ability to have my O2 broadband. I think this country needs a re-think and services like this should be available without including the monopolies like BT.

BBC are another on my hate list... the fucking TV licence gets my back up no end.
Robbo

16th Sep 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too am in the same boat and BT have screwed me around no end. As for having to pay them... the logic is that essentially they paid for the infrastructure to allow you to have internet and they deserve some return on it
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My annoyance is with the extra £4 charge just for paying a different way, and the fact the line doesn't get used.
Robbo

16th Sep 09 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in fairness though, and i do agree with you, thats the faukt of the banking system in making it so expensive to do something non-electronic
Whittie

16th Sep 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omg, don't even get me started with bt.

I've given up and gone with sky, even they're been slow annoying tards.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get your broadband sorted in the end then, took ages didn't it?
Whittie

16th Sep 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still don't have it

I cracked on thursday, or wednesday and just ordered the fattest sky package possible. Although theres no sign of broadband still

DannyB
Premium Member

16th Sep 09 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sky woman said to me I could have up to 8gb with 40 gig usage per month, would that last you think? bearing in mind how much online COD I play

New Poll