corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help needed! Removing paint from granite tombstone . . .

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed! Removing paint from granite tombstone . . .
stan_the_man

User status: Offline
17th Sep 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange request of the day . . .

My housemate has asked me to help her restore her Nans tombstone. Its granite, but her Grandad had Hammerited it black, and despite his efforts, it looks terrible. He was apparently very busy with the hammerite . . .

She would like it taken back to the original black granite.

Would Nitro-Morse be too much for that?

Not keen on sanding it TBH . . .

Any ideas?
daymoon
Premium Member

17th Sep 09 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything thatremoves paint? dont think it would damage tht stone tbh... so should do the trick
Ellis

17th Sep 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try nitro morse on a small part and see how you get on.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Sep 09 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would try a chemical agent before using physical force on it, but yes, try on a small area first.

I would think Nitromors would be up for the job but I'm not sure of its affect on stone. Should be OK but try a small area as suggested.
sand-eel

17th Sep 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granite has a natural shine so you can use any mad chemical on it, then after polish it up with kitchen granite polish.
ed

17th Sep 09 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd recommend Nitromors for the job. It will strip the paint, but wont touch anything beneath it which isn't paint.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help needed! Removing paint from granite tombstone . . . 23 database queries in 0.0088501 seconds