corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident - Help/advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Accident - Help/advice needed
Shell
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 09 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, Eck's asleep and no one in my family are drivers so NO idea what to do!
A guy driving a transit taxi(big people carrier mini van type thing) Just reversed into the back of my car. I was going around him to park into the little bays infront of my house and he reversed out so kinda got the back corner of my bumper. He's burst the paint work and kinda buckled the bumper a little bit where it meets the side of the car. Doesn't look TOO bad, but it'll need repairing. He's gave me the details of his taxi firm, taxi number, his name etc and more or less accepted responsibility.
Now my next question is, how do I got about getting them to pay for the repair? I've got no idea how any of this works. Do I just take it somewhere good, get a quote and give them the quote? Also, my back fucking hurts now, where my shoulder meets my neck kinda thing. Not happy
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you say you would do it through insurance or out of insurance?

If former, ring your insurance company and tell them and they will take care of it

if the latter, go to a bodyshop, like 2 or 3 or your trusted one if you have one and get quotes for the work, make sure it looks kinda official on headed note paper or something and then present your findings to the taxi firm.
_Allan_

23rd Sep 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you ring your insurance company, pass them the details and let them take care of the rest. They will give you details of where to take the car for a repair quote, arrange courtesy car etc..

[Edited on 23-09-2009 by _Allan_]
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather not go through insurance if possible. He said there's a place local that does all the repairs for their taxis and to take it to him to get a quote but I'd rather take it somewhere I wanna go.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did he thump the car hard? if you are getting neck/back pain then theres a claim to be made! and you can get some MONIES from insurance.
Shell
Premium Member

Allan, does that count as a claim against my insurance? I know I'm coming across as REALLY thick but I'm just a new driver
Jamie_Hastings1

23rd Sep 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. Either phone your insurance and say someone just hit me etc and give them the details.

Or and whit i would personally do is go to a bodyshop probably the best one you know of and get a quote to fix it then ring the company and give them the guys name that hit you etc and then give them the price you get it ask how they would like to deal with it.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shelley
I'd rather not go through insurance if possible. He said there's a place local that does all the repairs for their taxis and to take it to him to get a quote but I'd rather take it somewhere I wanna go.

yes blud you are in control here, dont take shit. Eck is going to do his nut lol
_Allan_

23rd Sep 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't have to take it to where he wants. By all means get a quote from his place but get a few of your own. If he is happy with them to settle out of the insurance then go down this route.
willay
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Allan, does that count as a claim against my insurance? I know I'm coming across as REALLY thick but I'm just a new driver

if its the taxi mans fault you dont loose your NCB.
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know you can Willay, I've had to put a claim in before when I was in quite a bad accident. Which is putting me off claiming again as that just makes me a moocher lol. I was sitting stationary and it wasn't a sort of 30mph thump lol, he did give it quite a dunt though.
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie that's kinda what I plan to do. Get a quote then see if they want to go through insurance of pay outwith. As long as insurance doesn't affect my ncb or my premium, I'm quite happy.
_Allan_

23rd Sep 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Willy said it will be a non fault claim if he doesn't change is story. However people at the scene spout all kinds of crap. Until the insurance and solicitors get involved then it's 'She went into the back of me'

Ben G

23rd Sep 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

if its the taxi mans fault you dont loose your NCB.

still increases your premium next year though...
Jamie_Hastings1

23rd Sep 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try going direct to the company,then if they fuck around then go to the insurance.
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'm going through the taxi company. My stepdad saw it happen from the kitchen window and I'm pretty certain if I go ask a few neighbours, they'll have seen it too. One of my neighbours works for that taxi company though and doesn't get on with my parents, so I'm worried she'll lie and say she saw me go into him or something.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't lose you no claims bonus BUT you do have to report the accident for the next five years and because of the way insurance works now, a tick in the box WILL put you premium up; fault or non-fault. It increases your risk standing - if its a simple repair there's no way I'd be going through insurance
Shell
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna try and make sure I don't have to go through insurance! Eck's saying it shouldn't affect my premium but if you guys are all saying it will, then who knows.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fault accident or non fault - you still have to declare it when they ask if you've had an accident in the last five years. They will then ask about blame/fault but a tick in that box (as I said before) will instantly put future premiums up as your rick level will increase. It may be as little as £1 but I know someone who recently came to re-knew his insurance who go stung for an accident that he had paid for. He reversed into a car doing £75 worth of damage to the third party, paid for it out of his pocket but the third party had reported it to insurance. Whilst the insurance didn't need to pay out - reporting it was enough to put a black mark against his name even though he'd never told his insurance company. It was only come renewal time that he was told by his own insurance company that an accident had been logged agaisnt him - they wanted £100 extra!
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Sep 09 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would persoanlly stay clear of the insurance as either way it will effect you at fault or not.
Just want to be carefull though because if you dont go to the insurance and get a few bodyshops quotes and then try to go through the insruance, they may then sayhowcome you didnt report it when it first happened etc and they may try and avoid the claim etc
_Allan_

23rd Sep 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a quote without a claim with go compare, moneysupermarket, compare the market etc.. then try one with a non fault. I bet you'll see a slight difference

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Accident - Help/advice needed 23 database queries in 0.0127580 seconds