corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day - New Program *Added weights*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gym Day - New Program *Added weights*
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate training my shoulders too as they hurt like hell, I used to do military press always but ive just started a fat loss programme so i do seated press with dumbells. 20k 5x10 gets them burning, then incline db bench and flat db bench to finish means my shoulders are just about ready to catch fire lol.

Shoulders exercises arent really thorough enough for a bodybuilding split. id add some front raises in there too. Either pre fatigue with front raise, laterals then db press or db press & upright row first with front and lateral raises to finish off. though you should really train shoulders and chest together as both muscles work in unison.

Also for triceps, get rid of the wide pushdowns and do dips instead.
Tom G

4th Nov 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll scrap the front press with a bar and instead do

Lateral Raise
Front Raise
Seated Shoulder Press (db's)
Upright Row

atm i'm just trying to build up my programme as it's only a basic one.

I've already started doing hammer curls for my biceps plus exisiting and the hamstring curl machine. (Fuck knows the real name )

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by Tom G]
Jake

4th Nov 09 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck off the preacher curls and replace with dumbell curls, use a reverse grip on the barbell curl and also as you said do the hammer curl but dont twist your hand round at the top of the movement - that's if you are..

back - cable rows with good form, lat pull downs, close grip reverse grip(palms facing away) pull ups, dead lifts

shoulders - barbell clean and press, dumbell shoulder press, upright rows, military press

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by jake]
Nath

4th Nov 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread hijack - Jake, do you go to a gym at the mo?
DizzyRebel

5th Nov 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
fuck off the preacher curls and replace with dumbell curls, use a reverse grip on the barbell curl and also as you said do the hammer curl but dont twist your hand round at the top of the movement - that's if you are..

back - cable rows with good form, lat pull downs, close grip reverse grip(palms facing away) pull ups, dead lifts

shoulders - barbell clean and press, dumbell shoulder press, upright rows, military press

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by jake]

would you do cleans, db press, upright row and military press all on the same day? Seems a bit excessive, id be fucked after the military press and upright rows alone...
Jake

5th Nov 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i wouldnt do upright rows on shoulder day
DizzyRebel

5th Nov 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i dont i usually do them on pull/back days but they still get your delts a fair bit too. Hard one to categorise really but im doing a push/pull split at the minute so i put it in my pull routine.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Gym Day - New Program *Added weights* 24 database queries in 0.0124180 seconds