corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help! erratic idling 96 corsa 1.2 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help! erratic idling 96 corsa 1.2 8v
BUCKETHEAD

User status: Offline
7th Oct 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there,having a few problems recently with my girlfriends 96 corsa 1.2 8v. its been stuttering on acceleration for a little while,to the point where it conked out last week and would not restart. took it to a mates garage and he cleaned the cat out but also said one of the sensors on the fuel injector unit was faulty and was causing it to overfuel/rev eratically etc.anyway got a whole new fuel injector unit today and replaced that but its still just the same,it splutters to start,revs highly for a bit and then settles down but it doesnt inspire confidence to make you want to go on a long journey and if i turn the ignition off and restart it struggles to start again. phoned my mechanic friend today and he said the only 2 other things it can be are the backbox and possibly the fuel filter.its been a great little car but obviously with the age of it i dont want to throw loads of money at it. has anyone else any ideas? thanks in advance ,woody

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by BUCKETHEAD]

New Poll