corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » HELP, corsa 1.0 12v 99' model, engine problems.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HELP, corsa 1.0 12v 99' model, engine problems.
icgalz

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I read through these forums alot but never post, well here goes!

My corsa's engine management warning light has been coming on for a while (about a couple of weeks)

through out the second week the engine had almsot no power feeding through to it, (went from going about 50 in 5th gear foot down, up a slight hill, to about 40)

and when i am not revving, the engine kind of missfires, like its spluttering, and if i feel the exhaust the gas's coming out are stuttered with the engine sound, not good!

it tends to go away if i rev enough, but the car on a whole doesnt feel right, it was perfect before.. ive had it looked at by a garage, had some valves changed (sorry cant remember the name of them)

its helped it a bit, but not come close to sorting the problem..

the car isnt right to drive at the moment! and i really need to get this sorted.

thanks, if anyone can help

icgalz
icgalz

User status: Offline
10th Oct 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and some other information, its only done just 60000 miles, and is in pucka condition.. ive got a pretty hefty amp in the boot (1500 watts) at first i thought it could of had something to do with that, but i dont think it can do :/

New Poll