corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Seen a place cheap...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seen a place cheap...
AlunJ

User status: Offline
19th Oct 09 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after speaking to the mortgage advisor, it's very good news and I have a mortgage promise for just over £88k on 75%/25% shared ownership.
So with that I went out looking for places, went to a bovis homes development and saw a 2 bed apartment and a 2 bed house. Apartment worked out at 5k cheaper, and was a bit bigger space wise, but the 2 bed house was 5k more and came with a carport as well as a parking space. I'm swaying towards having the house, but got a few things on my mind I want to ask my mortgage advisor.
Only thing I'm a bit worried about is finding money for solicitors/survey.

[Edited on 19-10-2009 by AlunJ]
N16K

19th Oct 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the apartment have a monthly/yearly standing charge. House better option imo.
AlunJ

19th Oct 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not 100% whether there is like a maintenance charge, but i'm going to look into that tomorow. You have to start paying back the 25% after 5years however or sell it after 10 maximum. Admitted the repayments for that were quite expensive. The way I look at that though is maybe sell up and put the money towards somewhere else.
Dione J

20th Oct 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap aint the word - 45K is immense, cant even get a 1 bed flat for that around here!!!
AlunJ

20th Oct 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to mortgage advisor today, we found out that the maintenance charge was astronmical and works out over 5years about the same as buying the house. Got some legal quotes, just need to find a bit of money to get the ball rolling. Advisor has been quite cheeky and said to bovis give us some incentive to go for it, asked them to consider carpet and 5% off asking. They have to take it to head office/sales or whatever before they will answer though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll