corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dog day, please read

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dog day, please read
chloe16v

User status: Offline
20th Oct 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is copied off another website and is a long read but it is worth it and might make some people think twice about going out and just buying a dog without putting any thought into it

MY ONE TRUE FRIEND

When I looked up in to your face, I knew you would love me, just as I would always love you.You had chosen me, you took me home and we became such good friends. In those first few weeks I chewed the remote control for theTV and ate your new Italian shoes, broke into the pantry and demolished most of the contents then promptly threw up on the carpet, but I knew how to melt your heart, I would wag my tail and look up into your eyes, it always worked, and you would pick me up, scratch my neck and give me a cuddle, you were my one true friend. I then proceeded to dig up all the garden, and chew all the plant pots, I would then run inside and pee on your new persian rug, and all you did was sit on the floor with me and tickle by tum, and I knew you loved me. At night time I would sneak up onto your bed and curl up with you, you never pushed me off, "good night my one true friend" . We went for many long walks and you took me every where with you.As I grew you would eagerly show off my puppy pictures to anyone who showed an interest in me. Life couldnt have been much better.We went on the moors and walked all day, we went to the seaside and frolicked on the beach. You introduced me to a donkey, funny smelly thing, we played on the sand untill we were both tired out, we had such fun. Then one day you told me that you had a new job and I couldn't go with you, so I was left at home alone, I cried and cried, it took me a long time to realise that you would always come home at the end of the day. I learnt to wait patiently for your arrival home. Once or twice I chewed a little of the old kitchen carpet, you would come home and give me a disapproving look , but I knew you always forgave me and still loved me, you were my one true friend. We would go for a long walk in the park, where I would jump in the lake and run around having a great time. Then we would have our dinner and curl up infront of the TV, you would make me a warm drink before bed time, you were my one true friend.

When did it all change, you started to come home even later and always had new friends with you. You would only give me a quick 10 minute walk and go off and leave me again, eventualy you spent most of your time with just one special friend, it wasn't me, and I could tell that he didn't really like me, although I did my best to make him a friend. When you went out, he would put me outside in the garden, and he locked me in the small dog run he had bought, where he said I had to stay. I knew you still loved me because you always let me out, but was I still your one true friend ?

I saw less and less of you. When did you stop me climbing on the bed, when did you stop me going upstairs, when did you stop me going in the house, when did you stop taking me out in the car, when did we stop going for our long walks, when did you last take me for a walk, I can not remember. Then one day you went away. I felt so alone, your friend did not want me, but I knew you would come back. Imagine my joy when I saw you come home, and you had with you someone I knew I wanted to get to know, it was a baby. I wanted to be his guardian and friend, to love him and be with him, but no I was not allowed, outside I had to stay, I heard you asking for me to be allowed in, but your friend said NO, a dog must live outside, I thought I was your friend.

At last you came to see me I was so overjoyed, you had tears running down your face, I wondered why. You hugged me and stroked me like you always did, and once again I knew I was your one true friend. I loved the feel of your hand gently rubbing my ears, I rolled upside down and you stroked my tum, just like you used to do, it was such a nice feeling, but then you got up to go, I jumped up to follow you, but you told me NO, and I was alone once again. I called out for you, please come back, please don't leave me all alone, I am so sad without you, but you didnt come back, your friend did, he grabbed my collar roughly and put me back inside my cage, I called out to you again, "Shut up you stupid dog", he shouted, he raised his hand and hit me, I was so stunned, I ran to the far corner and quietly cried. I just didn't understand, what had I done wrong?

The following day you came out with my lead in your hand, I was so thrilled. I hadn't been out of the garden for such a long time, you seemed very quiet so I jumped up to give you a big kiss, I wanted to tell you, how much I loved you.You took me for a car ride, I was just so overjoyed, it was you and me again, as it was meant to be, I hated being left alone. The sun was shinning, and I wondered if we were off to the seaside.I loved going out in the car, I felt so happy, it was just like it used to be, you and me on the open road. At last we arrived, I couldn't smell the sea, but I jumped out of the car keen to see where we were and pleased to stretch my legs and to be going for a walk. I was so happy to be with you, I couldn't stop wagging my tail. The endless days of being all alone in my tiny dog pen, melted to the back of my mind, we were together, as it was meant to be,me and my one true friend. I was bouncing up and down not able to control my excitement at being out with you. You said it was for the best, and I wondered what you meant. I had no idea when you stroked me, that this was to be the very end.

You looked away as you gave my lead to the young girl who met us, I heard you tell her that it was for the best, you had a young baby to look after, and your partner said I had to go, please find him a good home, and you left. I tried to pull away from this girl, I didn't want to go with her, I looked back, please don't leave me, what had I done that was so wrong. I was taken to a building, as we walked inside, all I could hear were the other dogs desperate cries, the noise got louder, I knew straight away, this wasn't a place I wanted to be. The girl led me into a small kennel," I'll let you settle in", she said, I didn't want to settle in. I haven't eaten since I arrived, where are you my one true friend, how could you leave me here, please come back, I'm sorry, what have I done that was so wrong?

I sit each day quietly in the back of this small kennel, I hate it here, all that keeps me going is knowing you will come back for me. People come round and look at me, at first I was excited, thinking it would be you, but now I just want to hide, they tap on the bars and I open my eyes, but it's not you, where are you my one true friend. The young girl comes to see me, I go to her and try to explain I shouldn't be here, she seems to understand, "you've not much longer to go" she says, does this mean I'm going home.

Today the girl has come with a lead in her hand, yipee I am going home, she takes me out of my prison, for the first time since I arrived I gently wag my tail, we go into a room and she gentle lifts me up onto a small table. I look into her pretty eyes and lick her cheek, are you going to groom me before I go home, my coat is shedding and I feel itchy, I hope you are going to groom me. She holds me gently, and gives me a hug, she tells me life isn't fair and that I don't deserve this. I'm not sure why she should be so upset about grooming me. She says soon it will be all over, a lady approaches, I sense something isn't right, and start to feel a panick rising through my body. I squirm and try to get away, but I'm held very firmly and know I have to stay. She holds my leg and whispers in my ear, "I am so very sorry poor chap, but this is your last day", as I look up to her face I feel a little prick, I suddenly feel all sleepy, and flop down in her arms," why have you let this happen, my one true friend?".

Chris x

20th Oct 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Summary please?
chloe16v

20th Oct 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Summary please?

that is a summary, it could have been longer
Brett
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're a sucker for spam aren't you.
chloe16v

20th Oct 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
You're a sucker for spam aren't you.

its not spam, infact it is a very true but very crule story
Brett
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no way a dog wrote that so it must be tbh.
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lynny

20th Oct 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How could his paws press the keys
chloe16v

20th Oct 09 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jamied

20th Oct 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 20-10-2009 by jamied]
Eck
Premium Member

20th Oct 09 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deserves it. Normally dogs don't know what they are doing but this one knew it was pissing on the carpet and did it anyway. Wanker tbh.
andy1868

20th Oct 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that explains it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » dog day, please read 23 database queries in 0.0134940 seconds