corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Don't know if i should laugh or cry

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Don't know if i should laugh or cry
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no clue where merseyside is!

well now i googled it you are more north than me oops
jamied

21st Oct 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no clue where merseyside is
Gareth F

21st Oct 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with southerners =|
Kano

21st Oct 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haggled in Homebase tonight.. Saved me £30.
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
I haggled in Homebase tonight.. Saved me £30.

i was given a 50% discount at Wilkinsons without asking
ChrisBoom

22nd Oct 09 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'm even less south.

Im less south than anyone
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked to see what similar cars have sold for on eBay? That's the best way of finding out what you're realistically going to get for it I think (apart from looking at Parkers/Glass's guides etc).
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i put my car up for 7500 and dook 7000
Tom

22nd Oct 09 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Perhaps they're all dreaming as well.

I got an R reg Puma for 350 and an S reg for 250. If a P reg Fiesta is a grand I'll eat my shoes.

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Ian]

Where did you find these, on ebay?
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stolen to order.
kz

22nd Oct 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a car for £2500... spent a grand on it. Put it back up for £2500 no takers, £2000 no takers, £1500 no takers, £1000 no takers, eventually sold it for £800

When I say no takers, musta been over 40 people that text/range/emailed me but all time wasters! That was over the period of three years btw in the end, first person to view, bought it.
baza31

22nd Oct 09 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try doing it for a living. I have had two cases where i have really lost my temper.

1st case, selling a 2001 bug eye impreza sti, the guy turned up with a full car, all are walking round picking at it and talking bollocks trying to get price down, trying to make things up one was saying it should had adjustable diff and just rambling a load of crap, so after twenty minutes of been stood by car and 5 lads all picking faults and offering me 1500 less than what i wanted i just said right bye then, the lad who wanted it was shocked and i said well seeing as though its in so bad condition (8 years old 35k 1 owner in vgc with all history) i said you wont want it, he kept offering me a stupid amount and i just turned round and told him i wasnt going to sell it him, he then offererd me the asking price and i still told him to fuck off 150miles back up to newcastle , the guy looked gutted . I sold it later in day for £100 less but i didnt care.

2nd time, i had a 2004 vectra gsi ,I drove 10miles to let someone view it, an asain lad and his dad come out to car and first thing he did was literally kick the wheel they then both got in and i jumped in passenger seat, he asked me if milage was genuine as "the key looks to have done more" he rags fuck out of car up road and i tell him to drive right in his head , he then pushes on leather door card and said "it creaks when u push it" i said well dont push it although i wanted to go mad, ten minutes later he is putting all wait on arm reast and i pushing it down and saying that it creaks , i told him its to rest your arm not your full upper half and then i just lost the plot and told him to pull over and swop sides, i got the key and kicked them both out of my car (30min from thier house) told them to fuck off and left them.

timewasters really piss me off, like there is enough time in the day anyhow without some prick wasting it
Ojc

22nd Oct 09 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Scooby Story reminds me of a time when that fucking Welsh twat came down of an evening to see my Nova, my advert had stated that the car was immaculate which it was.

The c*nt turns up starts picking holes in it saying needs this that and the other doing and that it wasn't immaculate.

Then as him and his dad walked off he said "thanks for wasting our time" I was ready to fill the fcuking twat in and Rach was as well and it takes a lot for her to be pissed off.

Anyway, he posts on Novaload about how shonky my Nova was in the For Sale ad and all the members that had seen it previously were saying "shut up your talking shite" and were telling him to read the advert properly in future.

Then the twat had the cheek to ring me a week later and ask if it was still for sale
John

22nd Oct 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my cars have sold to the first person thats came to see them, all of them in better condition than was expected.

I always price realistically and don't argue about a couple of hundred quid here or there, always served me well.
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my Hyundai, Corsa, sisters mazda to first person to viewed them... this car just doesnt want to sell if i could i'd keep it as i really like it but nowhere to put it and dont want to pay tax on two cars...
johnhara1

22nd Oct 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my MR2 for £800 (there was a major handling issue hence the price) and this guy came out, went over it with a fine tooth comb but didn't have one complaint.

I coulsd tell he loved the car, he told me all his plans for it while he was checking it out so i was just awaiting his haggling attempts. He was pushing and pushing for £700, said i could take the stereo etc but i just point blank refused as i knew he had the full amount in his pocket.

In the end i just said £800 or you're not getting it mate! I'm going out now so if you don't want it see you later.

He paid the £800.

I've never got less for a car than i wanted for it, i'll normally advertise it for slightly more than i want and then accept the offer i am after.

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by johnhara1]
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Oct 09 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well problem with this car is to get people to view it.. so far i had no one but time wasters...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Don't know if i should laugh or cry 23 database queries in 0.0249329 seconds