corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE running issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE running issue
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, did a scan today to find fault code 63 and 64, had a look around engine bay and found earth wire on inlet loose. the one at the very back near the MAP sensor, could that have caused it?

Basically it seemed that when the car was hot it was dropping down onto 2 cylinders, loud exhaust note,

Tested the TPS and its fine, the spark advance/retard at idle is within perameters,

The tacho on the car is under reading by 150rpm approx, and at idle it had the odd miss every now and again, when on choke its fine though, just once its warm.
bigjim172000

22nd Oct 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
XozziDK

22nd Oct 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if theres nothing at all when its warmed up, you are probably facing a problem with a sensor that measures the temperatur.. fx the coolant temp sensor

And did you try to 'shine up' and tighten the loose earth wire? so that your sure it connects okay again?
bigjim172000

22nd Oct 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

earth wire is done, the temp sender appears to be consistant with the dash one. My diag scanner reads 82 when the motor is approx 85 on the gauge.

I took it for a drive today, 2 miles to get fuel, ran rough 100 yards before the place, stayed for 10 mins to chat with a mate, left and drove back perfect, Went to go out laer on when cold, started ran for 5 mins so not even warm, went to pull away and fooked up again, so im wondering if it is to do with temp now ????
XozziDK

22nd Oct 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you died the paperclip test?

even though the eml light doesnt show up
Richardhhha

22nd Oct 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are 2 temp sensors on the car fella, the one that always goes tits is the one on the thermostat, also check all the vacume hoses as they split a lot on these engines, then try checking the tops of the spark plugs i know it sounds silly but they do vibrate loose and cause it to missfire when cold..
bigjim172000

23rd Oct 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, changed plugs, and tops are tight, still nout. I have run a diag XozziDK, doesnt bring up any fault codes what so ever.

What i meant about the temp senders is the one on the block ie the ECU sender is read by my diag scanner, it is consistant with the dash one.

New Poll