corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Smoothed Boot nd Sub Wiring!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoothed Boot nd Sub Wiring!!!!
Corsa-crAnk

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, just a couple of quick questions tbh.

1. With a smoothed boot, is it best to go though the rear whipper or get a completely new switch?
If its the switch, where would be the best place to ge the switch and all the wiring?

and

2. I have a Sub nd amp etc, which is wired into the headunit. Is there anyway to attach a switch, so i can turn the sub on and off.

Many thanks.
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sub question - place the swtich in the line out (usuall blue and white) wire
Corsa-crAnk

23rd Oct 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
sub question - place the swtich in the line out (usuall blue and white) wire

klkl thanks, question, depending on where the wiring goes. Do u think i will be able to add more wire. So it can reach the dashboard and the rest of ma switches!
AlunJ

23rd Oct 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just curious why you would need a switch for the sub, on my head unit (if not all) I can turn off the power to the amp?
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Oct 09 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire can be any length, as long as its securely fastened and porperly insulated around joints

o btw, ensure that the earth from sub / amp etc is very short, large wire and good earth point

[Edited on 23-10-2009 by FAZ]
Corsa-crAnk

23rd Oct 09 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Just curious why you would need a switch for the sub, on my head unit (if not all) I can turn off the power to the amp?

On this head unit u cant! and atm i cant afford to get another HU. The thought came to me wen i was listen to radio to day and it was very bassy, which i didnt like
reidy22

23rd Oct 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for popper 2 the tailgate u can do it thru rear wiper or go 2 corsacentre.co.uk or com and there in there for 8quid i always use them switch wiring the lot
Corsa-crAnk

23rd Oct 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by reidy22
for popper 2 the tailgate u can do it thru rear wiper or go 2 corsacentre.co.uk or com and there in there for 8quid i always use them switch wiring the lot

Hey, thanks for that suggestion, but im either blind or stupid but i cant find an switches...!
reidy22

23rd Oct 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find the switches for wat lol uve lost me
Dan H

23rd Oct 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a switch for ya amp ya need to connect a wire from blue remote wire on HU to switch and blue remote that goes to your amp and put that to your switch, if it lights up then earth the switch out and it will light up, that way you can switch your amp on/off when you dont want it on or anything. think thats the way, hope it helps

New Poll