corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FAO KrisTD and other 5 door people- 17's advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO KrisTD and other 5 door people- 17's advice
corsa5dr

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna order my 17's on friday, just wanna clarify a few things before i buy the wheels.

I tried a mates ET45 17" wheels on a while back,and the only thing the tyre rubbed on was the rear bolts, with 1 person in the back.

Can i get away with just debolting the rear arches, its only usually me +1, maybe 2 people max in the car and im not bothered about setting it up so i can have more.
Maybe i can do more work in the future if i want more people in the car, at the moment i just want to know if i can get around with Me + 2 people max with no rubbing.

cheers
Kris TD

2nd Mar 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine rubbed on the inner archs with rear passengers, not where the arch bolts on, well it did there but more inside
Kris TD

2nd Mar 03 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered 35mm
will let you know whats its like 60mm on tues
bump stops stopped all rubbing on the inner arch, just knock the metal arch bit out a bit or cut it slightly.
Kris TD

2nd Mar 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, bond the rear archs on, knock them out mayb 2mm with a soft hammer. this will allow you too drive, u can then put bumpstops in at a later date if u get pissed with the rubbing. how much u lowered?
dig dave2811

2nd Mar 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ONCE U BOND THE ARCHES ON CAN U THEN GET THEM BACK OFF.
IM GETTING 16'S SHORTLY FOR MY 5 DOOR BUT THERE GETTING FITTED FOR ME shall i ask the body shop etc what will need doing. as i dont want the arches bonded on and then realize that i will have to know them out a litle as well.
it will also be lowered 40mm at the same time
Kris TD

2nd Mar 03 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can kncok em out a little with the arch trims on. yes u can take em off, pull em hard and they will come off, my skirts were stucjk on and they came off faily easily when i sold em.
Kris TD

2nd Mar 03 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you shouldnt need knocking out on 16,s 17'a are half inch wider and use wider tyres.
corsa5dr

3rd Mar 03 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, by the way im lowered 40mm on apex springs. It doesnt seem that low though, and theres plenty of room in the arches.

New Poll