corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bonnet lifters help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bonnet lifters help!
dalejones

User status: Offline
27th Oct 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought some bonnet lifters but they didnt come with fittin instructions, can n e one tell me where they bolt to are there holes already there or can someone tell me the measurments that locate the holes so i kno exactly where to drill to bolt them on correctly? cheers
Ste
Premium Member

27th Oct 09 at 02:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you looked at the related links below?

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Corsa-crAnk

27th Oct 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Step 1
Remove the bolt shown in the picture on both sides of the front wings (just in front of the suspension turrets). Be careful not to remove the wrong one or your bonnet won't close.

Step 2
Remove the securing bolt on the bonnet. Your instructions may say either the top or bottom bolt.

Step 3
Get the bolts and washers.
One should have a large thread(for the front wings), the other should have a fine thread (for the bonnet hinge).

Step 4
Screw the large thread bolt into the hole where the wing bolt was removed, and remember to use the washer supplied.

Step 5
Once the bolt is threaded in place, tighten it up with a spanner, remember not to overtighten it.

Step 6
Thread the finer threaded bolt into the hole on the bonnet hinge and again tighten up with a spanner.

Step 7
Gently remove the wire circlips from each end of the lifter and dab some grease into the ball housing on either side.

Step 8
Push the fat end of the bonnet lifter into the top ball bolt located on the bonnet hinge. You may need to push hard.

Step 9
Now push the thin end of the bonnet lifter onto the ball bolt on the wing. Again you may need to push hard.

Step 10
Press the wire circlip into the top part of the bonnet lifter. This will keep the ball in it's joint.

Step 11
Press the wire circlip into the bottom part of the bonnet lifter.

Step 12
Repeat for the other side.

Result
A nice set of shiney bonnet lifters that not only look good, but aid in holding the bonnet up.
Corsa-crAnk

27th Oct 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done mine this moring!!
Corsa-crAnk

27th Oct 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opps, pictures didnt come up :s
dalejones

27th Oct 09 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done it! piece of piss cheers for the help!

New Poll