corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Phone as an MP3 player OR Separate gadgets?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone as an MP3 player OR Separate gadgets?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
30th Oct 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always liked buttons (as opposed to touch screens), however I love my mates Ipod Touch. Ive asked for one for Xmas but the missus says why not go for a touch screen phone that has decent memory (I only need 8gb or so) so its all in one tidy package. It seems to be the way to go tbh, but Im still not sold on these touch keypad things.

Is there a phone out there that will do the following -

Decent MP3 player with built in / ability to expand memory to 8gb or beyond
Good for browsing internet (the bigger the screen the better)
Nice keypad, either a touch qwerty or a foldout qwerty or number pad (if its buttons not fussed on the keypad)
Decent camera, at least as good as my N95 8GB (5mp carl zeiss)

Think thats it. My request for a decent camera pretty much means I wont be entertaining an Iphone, they look cool but are too expensive for what they are, im looking to pay £20 a month on a contract (going down from £35 a month, contract up in March so early days yet)

Fanx
Toby
Premium Member

30th Oct 09 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n97 - 32gb, touch screen when required, keypad when not simple
Ste
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N86, not as bulky as the N97 but with just as much functionality. touch screens are shite imo as you end up with a greasy screen all the time.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
dannymccann

31st Oct 09 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats another one of my reasons Ste. Plus I love Nokias so will have to look into these thanks
AlunJ

31st Oct 09 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i've got a nokia 5800 8gb xpress music and a 32gb ipod touch, not really got any music on the phone if i'm honest, love my ipod
Brett
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greasy screen you're not supposed to wipe your dick on it.

Can't say my htc gets greasy/dirty tbh.
Daveskater
Premium Member

31st Oct 09 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use my 5800 as a music player as my old 3rd gen iPod doesn't hold much charge any more Comes with an 8GB card and you can get bigger ones 3rd party, is pretty good for internet (has WiFi, 3.5G and all sorts of other things) and you can have a full screen QWERTY touch keyboard. The camera is fairly good for a phone one but personally I'm not bothered about that as I use my proper camera primarily for pictures, so the phone camera is used for on-the-spot things when I don't have my camera on me. It's not going to take award winning pics, but N95 cameras aren't the best things ever either. If you like I can post up a full-size image.

Also I have it on a £20 contract, 200 mins and unlimited texts, or I think there's one where you can get loads of minutes and not many texts. They may have also changed the packages by now because I've had it since March.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Doug

31st Oct 09 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC Magic with 16gb memory card.

Can store loads of music let alone the podcast application and internet radio.

Seems daft to buy, carry and charge two separate things!

New Poll