corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wouls you take a dog if it was been treated cruelly?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wouls you take a dog if it was been treated cruelly?
baza31

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my "friend" was working at a house on an estate, have two large adult akitas and two puppys (9wk if that) basically owners have gone away , left them in garden and left no food, other neighbor throws food for them although wasnt asked to do so. They are dripping wet through no bed and no shelter. Last night was 1degree and my "friend" is seriously thinking of giving it a home. RSPCA is a point of call but they will get taken and then in a pound for weeks and again probably not given the attention a puppy fully needs. Opinions?
LukeS

4th Nov 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take them and you keep them or give them to someone who would take care of them properly.
ajscorsa

4th Nov 09 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day your mate could very well get done with theft.

RSPCA is his only option to keep them legal imo.
nathy_87

4th Nov 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd phone the RSPCA forst off and if they dont do anything i'd take them. IIRC if no one claimes the dogs/pups, then the rspca will allow you to have them, I'm not sure.
Conway563

4th Nov 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
RSPCA is a point of call but they will get taken and then in a pound for weeks and again probably not given the attention a puppy fully needs.

Why would the RSPCA not know how to treat a puppy?
If your "friend" is that concerned then ring them
SVM 286

4th Nov 09 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
end of the day your mate could very well get done with theft.

RSPCA is his only option to keep them legal imo.

ditto
Neo

4th Nov 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a rescue Akita. Best thing in the world, loves attention and affection. Was treated horribly by a GSD Breeder and thrown out of a moving van when she was a pup.

And to re-iterate get in touch witht the RSPCA, and for the Akitas, go to www.friendsofakitas.co.uk and get in touch with Donna or Vicki, they have enough contacts to get the animals looked after very quickly.

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by Neo]
Rickavo

4th Nov 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad took an alsation from the back garden of a chinese take away when he was working there as it was chained upp all day in the rrain with no food water or shelter and it was pregnant aswell.
DizzyRebel

4th Nov 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they dont have the decency to look after the dogs then they dont deserve them so id be round there asap getting the dogs into either the rspca or caring for them yourselves.
FAZ
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disgusting behaviour from the owners that have gone away

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by FAZ]
Gary
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awaits phonecall 'do you want to buy a dog'
Daimo B

4th Nov 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RSPCA for sure, or look online for a local dog sanctuary.

Its not your place to take them, get a call in with the address and nature of the problem.

Then, if you REALLY want the dog/s, then go to the RSPCA center once they've had their initial jabs, and make an honest contribution to take ownership.

They rely on donations, hence we gave well over the odds for our rabbits when we got them, just because of what they do.
FAZ
Premium Member

4th Nov 09 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^good plan mr vxr

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wouls you take a dog if it was been treated cruelly? 23 database queries in 0.0146160 seconds