corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help: 1.0 12v corsa b drinking fuel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help: 1.0 12v corsa b drinking fuel
Stockmyster

User status: Offline
4th Nov 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
I've got a standard 1.0 litre 3 cylinder corsa b and I'm only gettin 220 miles to a tank of fuel. I used to get about 350 miles.
It's been on a diagnostics and there is nothing wrong on that side of things, wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers

Stockmyster

[Edited on 04-11-2009 by Stockmyster]
Root

5th Nov 09 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same problem with my 1.2 8v. Get about the same milage as you mate. 26 miles for £5. Idk what the problem is
Stockmyster

5th Nov 09 at 02:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondering if a new fuel filter mite sort it, I'm servicing it at the weekend, hopefully it mite improve, aweful atm though.
XozziDK

5th Nov 09 at 02:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be lambdasensor or an air sensor.. basicly any sensor that has something to do with how much fuel is getting injected.

Or maybe it all comes down to a fuel leak, either from the tank or from a hose
- Does it smell of fuel anywhere? A pool of something lying under the car when it have been standing still with full tank?
Stockmyster

5th Nov 09 at 02:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's none of the sensors as it's been on a diagnostic and they're all reading fine. I do smell fuel when I start it up but that's expected, I can't spot an obvious leak mite have to have a look when I've jacked it up and replace the fuel filter.
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Nov 09 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can smell fuel after starting it then maybe leave it running for a few mins in one place then have a look around? I have never smelt fuel when starting mine.

The AFM (air flow meter)'s usually go on these engines (mine is on the way out ) so that might be telling it to put more fuel in than it needs perhaps. Not sure if they give you error codes until it's totally wrecked though.

When driving like a granny (rarely over 3k rpm) I can get over 400 miles out of a tank However I gave it some last month so it did a bit less than 350 iirc

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
grez12

5th Nov 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

second what dave said
Stockmyster

5th Nov 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I replaced the airflow meter about 6 months ago so it can't be that. It mite be a leak, I'll have a look onceive got it jacked up. Cheers guys for the help.

New Poll