corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting new outside temp display sensor

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting new outside temp display sensor
Root

User status: Offline
7th Nov 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been to local scrappy, got 3 temp sensors (the ones that go in the middle of the bumper), plugged them in one by one, then checked the MFD display. None of them work, do I have to reset something before it will pick up on the display or, have I managed to find nakkered sensors or is it another problem which is causing this?

Just to be clear I replaced the black box that the plug from the loom plugs into.
Root

7th Nov 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just reset the MFD after trying each individual sensor as well. Still doesn't work Any help guys?
marklawton

7th Nov 09 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say there is something else wrong, whats the temperature saying?
John

7th Nov 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy one from vaux, they are only a few quid.
Root

7th Nov 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it says --.-oC
tintin

8th Nov 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All joking aside, is the wiring ok. If the sensor was faulty you would normally get a random figure like -38 or something equally stupid. I would trace the wires back as far as you can and make sure they are not broken or earthed some where thye shouldn't be.
Root

8th Nov 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tintin
All joking aside, is the wiring ok. If the sensor was faulty you would normally get a random figure like -38 or something equally stupid. I would trace the wires back as far as you can and make sure they are not broken or earthed some where thye shouldn't be.

well a few months back, when I turned the ignition on, it started at a normal temp like 17oC, then lowered by .5oC every second until it went ridiculous like -40oC then went to --.-oC.

It did this a few times until finally when I turned it on it just said --.-oC every time. But thanks for the input, I'll check the wires and let you know
tintin

8th Nov 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe your just unlucky enough to have picked up three dodgy sensors. A new one from Vaux is about £15 all in iirc
Root

8th Nov 09 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Maybe your just unlucky enough to have picked up three dodgy sensors. A new one from Vaux is about £15 all in iirc

Maybe I was, lol. Most the cars in the scrapyard have like 80k+ miles on. So maybe, idk.
tintin

8th Nov 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Millage means nothing though with such items. Just because its driven around the world and back twice doesn't make that item and more prone to fail than one thats been on the car 15 years, lol. Age is more a concern for such items.
Root

8th Nov 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Millage means nothing though with such items. Just because its driven around the world and back twice doesn't make that item and more prone to fail than one thats been on the car 15 years, lol. Age is more a concern for such items.

true ;[, well I think I couldn't have possibly picked up 4 dodgy sensors in a row (I've changed it 4 times now), I'll check the wiring out, cheers

New Poll