corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sony 40" V4000 LCD TV problem - UPDATE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony 40" V4000 LCD TV problem - UPDATE
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
16th Nov 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 40"sony kdl40v4000, which i bought after doing alot of research back in Feb of this year.

lately i have noticed some bluring whilst playing games and watching dvds, i first noticed it when i was playing call of duty 4 the other day, i did wonder if its always been there and now ive noticed it im looking for it, but surely not and its a fault somewhere.

its noticeable on dark against light movement, so for example on cod 4 on one of the night levels if you look up at the trees then turn left and right quickly the tree blur across the sky, or you go into one of the houses and turn quick you see the doorways, pictures or people blur across.

This is with the brightness on 52, alot of the games require the brightness to be 43 but anything below 50 and its far worse, if you put it upto 60 it starts to go.

ive tried another HDMI lead, another socket and adjusted the settings,

My mate has basically the same tv, slight lower spec and its 2 years old so its in the old grey colour sony done, anyway i done the same thing on his cod 4, same settings and the blur was not present at all.

Told sony this and i took my PS3 upto a local centre and they tried it on their v range, same settings, no blur.

They said they would send some one out, but if a fault is not found i would have to pay £80, i told them that if they dont find a fault im not paying and they will have to change the TV because to me there must be something wrong,

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Bullet Proof SRi]
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are coming tuesday

New Poll