corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!!
Cosmo

User status: Offline
8th Dec 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Isn't a perk of being the gaffer getting other people to do the work for you?

Exactly.

Thats why people kiss ass when they are at the bottom, as once they move up they'll no longer have to.
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Bullshit

When i was a manager i used to be alongside my guys all the way (band of brothers stylee) and when we got the job done i'd send them home early..simple philiosphy really.It's all about respect.
Cosmo

8th Dec 09 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're doing it wrong then
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Bang on Paul lol why do people like this always get away with it though and come out smelling of roses???

Thing is, you're making his job easy! He's the fall guy if it all goes shit / his workers do something crap... By you being so good, he's essentially suceeding at his job without trying!

Just put him in a situation where he relies on you 100% / without your assistance he will be fucked, then hand in your notice - unless he ups your pay / treats you on a similar level (if it's just 2 of you, offer to become a joint partner in company)...

If he says no chance, you quit and he fails... takes it hard and gives you a call a week later begging you to come back. If he says yes - you win.

Win - Win. He'll only realise how good you are when you're threatening to leave / have left.

Funny you should say that Paul

I could leave him now as were rammed but it would be me that loses out because i'd be out of a job i've got the whole mortgage/bills to worry about now.I was also in a position to buy into the company a little while ago but after a long thought i knew he would say something to new customers like 'Hi i'm *** and this is Alan, we both own the company but i ownded it first and i do all the work and i do this job and i've done all the jobs etc etc etc' he's just a twat.

I might drop into conversation that my old company want me back and have offered me a big salary

Another twist to this is that before i started with him he wanted to hire is old apprentice from the last company he worked for but he moved to scotland.Now this guy is due to come home due top lack of work and my boss said he might expand the company and hire him to take the load off us.Maybe i'll get to work with this other guy and he'll be alright? Or i might threaten to quit and he'll hire him and fuck me off which i know he can't BTW
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You're doing it wrong then [/quote

No it's how you get a company from nothing to £2 million in 3 years
Cosmo

8th Dec 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
You're doing it wrong then

No it's how you get a company from nothing to £2 million in 3 years

I can beat that by going from 0-£1.5m in 9months.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by Cosmo]
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show off
Joe

8th Dec 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Bullshit

When i was a manager i used to be alongside my guys all the way (band of brothers stylee) and when we got the job done i'd send them home early..simple philiosphy really.It's all about respect.

Isn't there a difference between being the boss of your own firm and manager at someone else's though?
CORSA NUT

8th Dec 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mean that bullshit thing to sound nasty BTW Joe just realised it looked shitty mate..

I take pride in a position of power no matter wether it's for my own gain or someone elses to be honest..probably why i get walked all over and other people take the credit for my work.

[Edited on 08-12-2009 by CORSA NUT]
Joe

8th Dec 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence taken, just the way I see it if you have staff and you can get away with having an easier life then I think thats what you'd do. Obviously its shit on you and you think he's a bit of a twat which will cause a bit of tension but unless your willing to leave then your probably gona have to put up with it till you can set up on your own or something.

I'm just a lazy fuck though so I'd always try and get someone else to do all the work.
a_j_mair

9th Dec 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Bullshit

Yes but if it was your own company you would be thinking that you have finished early lets make a start to the next job, tidy yard, clean vans etc rather than just go home

It is about respect but also about efficiency to make the company as profitable as possibile especially in times like these.

You have a job as a mature apprentice be gratefull stop moaning and just get on with it. It is his buisness so he can do and say as he wishes, at the end of the day as long as you get payed.
mattk

9th Dec 09 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to the construsction industry, I fucking hate my job, I dont get on with the people I work with and very rarely do, all anyone in this industry wants to do is make money, and if that means shitting on you in the process they will, working for someone in any trade is a thankless task

I loath this job atm but I get paid twice maybe 3 times more than my mates so Il stick at it for a little longer
CORSA NUT

9th Dec 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Bullshit

Yes but if it was your own company you would be thinking that you have finished early lets make a start to the next job, tidy yard, clean vans etc rather than just go home

It is about respect but also about efficiency to make the company as profitable as possibile especially in times like these.

You have a job as a mature apprentice be gratefull stop moaning and just get on with it. It is his buisness so he can do and say as he wishes, at the end of the day as long as you get payed.

Mate don't try and tell me what i should have done in my old job i'd only finish early if everything else was done.Employee's being happy in there jobs should be the number one priority for any company.

And i am gratefull but i wasn't looking for your smartarse advice i was mearly venting my anger on here rather than in real life He's just a lazy twat and there's no excuse for that IMO.
CORSA NUT

9th Dec 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
welcome to the construsction industry, I fucking hate my job, I dont get on with the people I work with and very rarely do, all anyone in this industry wants to do is make money, and if that means shitting on you in the process they will, working for someone in any trade is a thankless task

I loath this job atm but I get paid twice maybe 3 times more than my mates so Il stick at it for a little longer

That's why intend to start my own company asap Matt
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Employee's being happy in there jobs should be the number one priority for any company.

quote:
That's why intend to start my own company asap Matt

Word of advice - companies are in business to make money. Keeping employees happy is what you do if you think that they might sue you, or leave you to go earn more elsewhere. If they're silly enough to put up with poor conditions, you take advantage of that and continue making money.

I've had this very rant at a mate of mine who works for himself and every time he tells me 'set up on your own' and every time I tell him I don't have the bollocks, and every time he tells me to put up with it.

Please, please don't start a business thinking you're going to keep everyone happy all the time. It'll end in tears.
Cosmo

9th Dec 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Please, please don't start a business thinking you're going to keep everyone happy all the time. It'll end in tears.

Amen to that.

Its IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone, in fact if you want to stay afloat its next to impossible to please any of your staff.

If they dont want less work they want more money, if they dont want more money they want more holidays, if they dont want more holidays they want to leave early on a particular day, etc. etc. etc and so on.
a_j_mair

9th Dec 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Bullshit

Mate don't try and tell me what i should have done in my old job i'd only finish early if everything else was done.Employee's being happy in there jobs should be the number one priority for any company.

And i am gratefull but i wasn't looking for your smartarse advice i was mearly venting my anger on here rather than in real life He's just a lazy twat and there's no excuse for that IMO.

Not being a smart arse simply stating what anyone that owns a buisness would be thinking, if you finish a job early you start a new job not go home. I am in no way telling you what to do or what you should have done, no skin off my nose

And the number one priority for any buisbess is to make money, fact of life. Companys are set up to make money not make employees happy
Gareth F

10th Dec 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am the boss

I have people above me but im left to manage 32 staff.

To be honest tell him how you feel as it sounds like he needs you as much as you need the job.
Colin

10th Dec 09 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a boss but ive been working with a total trumpet of a human being the past 6 months, honestly he's a total arse, very self opinionated, narrowminded, full of preaching moral high ground but no good at practicing the drivle he spouts, hes just a teesside cunt nosed prick.

Lucky for me it just took me telling him hes been a bit of a boabysack & i'd had enough of him, to which he took the huff & didnt speak to me for 3 days. So I complained to my supervisor & he started me working with someone else instead so really his ignorance has resulted in his loss at the end of the day as hes now down a set of hands & ive just moved on & up sooner!!

Why do people feel the need to act the nob at work though....whats that all about!!

[Edited on 10-12-2009 by Colin]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rant time...Boss is pissing me off!!! 23 database queries in 0.0153260 seconds