corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know about customs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone know about customs?
marklawton

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive bought the girlfriend a x-mas present from china and its coming via parcel force and according to there website the latest status is

10-12-2009 19:32 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
10-12-2009 19:32 International Hub Arrived in destination country

do all parcels go to customs? or does it look like i will have to pay tax or something?

thanks
_Allan_

11th Dec 09 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All parcels go through customs but they randomly take a few out of each shipment, to open and check the goods are as stated on the packaging and all the taxes have been paid for. It's pot luck and I've only had one thing stopped in a number of years of ebay buying from Germany, USA, HK etc... Cost me an extra £17.50 odd but was still worth it. You might not have to pay yet. You'll soon know when you receive a note through the door to go the local depo and pay the fee's

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by _Allan_]
marklawton

11th Dec 09 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, thanks for your help mate. i bought the item off a website for £36 so if i do have to pay, hopefully it wont be much
Sam
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the value is over £18 or for gifts £36 you may be liable for import duty and VAT. As _Allan_ says it's pot luck.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone know about customs? 23 database queries in 0.0105240 seconds