corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in
Cosmo

User status: Offline
21st Dec 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
I think you only need a basic understanding of football to see that he has done well as a manager (granted we are jumping the gun results wise and it is results based). I thought Villa were screwed when Barry went. Look how much Liverpool have been affected by Alonso going, you could argue that they are unlucky with Aqua mans injurys but I didn't see MON having 20mill to spend on a midfield replacement so it is swings and roundabouts.

Would you swap Benitez for O'Neil?

Yeah its obvious he is doing well, I wont argue that, but I still wouldnt jump the gun saying he has got Villa in to the top 4 just yet.

Barry was never the player Alonso was, so of course they wont be AS effected by it. Plus ONeil had a season to prepare for him leaving as he knew he was going.

Barry was a bigger part of Villa's side than Alonso was to Liverpool though, so more of an impact leaving.

No he wasnt

Alonso was basically the quarter back in our side, and iirc was voted player of the season last year by the fans.

Barry was going from the start of the season, ONeil knew this and had the whole season to plan and organise the side so they werent as dependant on them - and thats exactly what he did.
mwg

21st Dec 09 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are you classing as the top 4 Cosmo?
Cosmo

21st Dec 09 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Who are you classing as the top 4 Cosmo?

Their is a reason im saying 'top 4'
JonnyJ

21st Dec 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS Cosmo, you and your their and theres atm
Marc

21st Dec 09 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Orrob has hacked his account tbh.
Cosmo

21st Dec 09 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
FFS Cosmo, you and your their and theres atm

I did spot it after I posted but cba to edit it.
Carl

21st Dec 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think you only need a basic understanding of football to see that he has done well as a manager (granted we are jumping the gun results wise and it is results based). I thought Villa were screwed when Barry went. Look how much Liverpool have been affected by Alonso going, you could argue that they are unlucky with Aqua mans injurys but I didn't see MON having 20mill to spend on a midfield replacement so it is swings and roundabouts.

Would you swap Benitez for O'Neil?

Yeah its obvious he is doing well, I wont argue that, but I still wouldnt jump the gun saying he has got Villa in to the top 4 just yet.

Barry was never the player Alonso was, so of course they wont be AS effected by it. Plus ONeil had a season to prepare for him leaving as he knew he was going.

Barry was a bigger part of Villa's side than Alonso was to Liverpool though, so more of an impact leaving.

No he wasnt

Alonso was basically the quarter back in our side, and iirc was voted player of the season last year by the fans.

Barry was going from the start of the season, ONeil knew this and had the whole season to plan and organise the side so they werent as dependant on them - and thats exactly what he did.

But Liverpool have other star players, well, 2 Gerrard and Torres, making losing one not a big deal as Villa losing their only top class player, Therefore Villa losing Barry had a bigger on a team by team basis, that is my thinking anyway.
Cosmo

21st Dec 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But Liverpool have other star players, well, 2 Gerrard and Torres, making losing one not a big deal as Villa losing their only top class player, Therefore Villa losing Barry had a bigger on a team by team basis, that is my thinking anyway.

Its not how it works though is it. You can have 2 star forward players (as gerrard and Torres are) but if you dont get the ball to them then they are no good. And thats been our main (one of many) problem this season - hence why it has hit us more.

Had Barry suddenly left then fine, it may of hit them as hard as Alonso hit us, but he had a full 12 months to plan how to play and who to play when he left - we had zero time when Alonso left.
Tom

22nd Dec 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pressures of being at a big club (whether big because of the budget or because of it's history of winning lots) has got to be alot different to a club like villa or tottenham, look at how different the press treat them. The level of expectation being that bit less to the top clubs gives them more breathing space to make mistakes without it being jumped all over. O'neil is a good manager, as is moyes but they have never been tested at the top top level (mancini has won how many titles at inter?) therefore i'd say just because they haven't got someone british (yawn, wasn't hughes a magician because of blackburn lol) doesn't mean they'vbe missed a trick, the opposite might well be true.

Oh and those clowns saying harry redknap is a top manager, probably buy into the whole man manager shit, look at the players he's had at his disposal this season and the backing he's had from tottenham and pompey before that. He's had so many players through his books over the years it's hardly suprising he's unearthed a couple of good players.

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by Tom]
Nath

22nd Dec 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mancini was gifted at least 2 titles tbf.
Jake

22nd Dec 09 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
The pressures of being at a big club (whether big because of the budget or because of it's history of winning lots) has got to be alot different to a club like villa or tottenham, look at how different the press treat them. The level of expectation being that bit less to the top clubs gives them more breathing space to make mistakes without it being jumped all over. O'neil is a good manager, as is moyes but they have never been tested at the top top level (mancini has won how many titles at inter?) therefore i'd say just because they haven't got someone british (yawn, wasn't hughes a magician because of blackburn lol) doesn't mean they'vbe missed a trick, the opposite might well be true.

Oh and those clowns saying harry redknap is a top manager, probably buy into the whole man manager shit, look at the players he's had at his disposal this season and the backing he's had from tottenham and pompey before that. He's had so many players through his books over the years it's hardly suprising he's unearthed a couple of good players.

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by Tom]

i just think alot of players want to play for harry, seems like a lovely bloke that dont fuck about and gets them motivated. i'd sooner be motivated by him than a foreigner with broken english
Cosmo

22nd Dec 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Harry's English isnt exactly the best tbh.
Danny P

22nd Dec 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I like what O'Neil is doing at Villa.

Agbonlahor, Milner, Young, Downing, Davies, Sidwell..... All young(ish) English players and they make up the core of his team. Built around players with good experience like Friedel, Dunne, and Petrov.

+1
Jake

22nd Dec 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Harry's English isnt exactly the best tbh.

he's not too bad on msn tbf

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in 24 database queries in 0.0155740 seconds