corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » think my bonnet is f***ed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author think my bonnet is f***ed
tomo2k9

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all i was putting my arches on last night and noticed my bonnet has got tiny little bubbles all over it, what is this ??? is it some kind of reaction or just the bonnet rusting ??? there isnt any rust on it just these little bubbles all over you cant see them until you get up close and you can feel them to if you rub your hand over it,, the car has been sitting for a few mounths so i think its because its been standing, what you guys think it is ???
Mattb

20th Dec 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it parked under a tree?
tomo2k9

20th Dec 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na mate at the side of my house, i only noticed fit fyetserday i was gutted, think it needs a full re-spray
Rich H

20th Dec 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics?

Are you aware of the car having paintwork in the past? Can't help thinking this car's a bit fubarred tbh (you are the guy with the fillered wing etc yeh?)
tomo2k9

20th Dec 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont rely no the history of it tbh mate ino it was in a smash but that was the side witch i repared, but not to sure bout front smashes dont look like it has had one, but ill try and get some pics later they are little tiny bubbles, and i mean tiny but there is loads of them, but when i get my side sent off to get done i mite aswell pay to get the bonnet re-painted to
Rich H

20th Dec 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it clear, yellowy, black? Sticky to the touch? Possibly sap.

Or has somebody been painting recently? Your house, next door etc? Could be paint / fence spray splatters from a roller etc.

If not, would imagine it's the lacquer failing from condensation or something.
tomo2k9

20th Dec 09 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

na mate its not sap or nothing like that its like the paint is bubbled so i think it needs a full re-spray tbh, but was hoping it would be fixable lol thats more money iv gotta thorugh at it lol
Terry12

20th Dec 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like micro blisters. My car has a spot which comes out in this cold weather. My car was repainted a few months back. It's moisture under the paint. Only way to cure is sand back and paint.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » think my bonnet is f***ed 23 database queries in 0.0104940 seconds