corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do i need a new head unit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do i need a new head unit?
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
26th Dec 09 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got a vibe sub for xmas. its the s12 slick one with amp. it has all the wiring kit with it. i have the sony mex bt2500 head unit which has bluetooth mp3 etc. but at the back it doesnt have the 2 holes for the cables from the sub. does this mean i need a new head unit or can i buy an adaptor of some sort?
ecclesturbo

26th Dec 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1713/dsc00002gt9.jpg

does it look like that at the back pal,if so you should`nt have any problems

[Edited on 26-12-2009 by ecclesturbo]
Aerox-lad

26th Dec 09 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no it has a hole for the radio line. and then the block for all the speakers i believe. i dont know much about electrics
ecclesturbo

26th Dec 09 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can u take a pic of it pal?
Anty
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ecclesturbo
can u take a pic of it pal?

daymoon
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after 5 seconds on google i found that this HU doesnt have pre-outs...

you could get an adapter that allows you to connect amp from speakers... high input thing.
Aerox-lad

26th Dec 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok. theres some kiddy selling the same HU on fleebay his has adaptor cables attached round the back somewhere. which allows him to run a sub not sure if it works though http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-MEX-BT2500-Bluetooth-Car-CD-MP3-Player-and-Radio_W0QQitemZ110473004699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item19b8b4469b
daymoon
Premium Member

26th Dec 09 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
ok. theres some kiddy selling the same HU on fleebay his has adaptor cables attached round the back somewhere. which allows him to run a sub not sure if it works though http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-MEX-BT2500-Bluetooth-Car-CD-MP3-Player-and-Radio_W0QQitemZ110473004699QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item19b8b4469b

read this

quote:
bought this product and used it for a couple of months before I added a subwoofer to my car, and as this product's one drawback is the lack of sub output, I decided to upgrade to the BT2600.

Huwsi

26th Dec 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible and works, but the feedback you get is immense

I would avoid bodging it if at all possible. there are plenty of Head units available now with pre outs for around a ton
Aerox-lad

26th Dec 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool. so what you're saying is buy a new headunit. does anyone have a reccomendation on a headunit? i'd prefer it to have bluetooth as all of my music is stored on my mobile pretty much.
Huwsi

26th Dec 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a look at www.caraudiodirect.co.uk . They will most probably have a sale on now that x mas is over

I prefer Alpine or pioneer HU if I'm honest but it's all about what you want fella

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do i need a new head unit? 23 database queries in 0.0133519 seconds