corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Best USB wireless adapter for £15ish?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best USB wireless adapter for £15ish?
Rich H

User status: Offline
30th Dec 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I right in thinking Netgear are still the best ones? Just been looking on EBuyer.

Got a D-Link on the computer atm connecting to my router the otherside of the house (adapter in parents PC) connects ok; "Good Signal" at around 24 or 26meg, seems to be affecting by people standing in it's path quite badly lol.

So if a netgear one will be better, I may invest in a new one...

Cheers,

Rich
moka

30th Dec 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a PCI card? You can get one with an external antenna?

DLINK are shit for usb adapters i think (might just be usb adapters are shit in general). Had two dlinks myself one broke and the others just shit

PCI would be a better choice if your PC supports it / you are comfortable fitting it.
Rich H

30th Dec 09 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, forgot to mention the reason for USB lol;

It's to go in my parents Dell PC which is a poncy small one so doesn't have anything standard inside (or any spare room)

Cheers for the suggestion though.

Oh, and yes the D-Link one isn't great, used to work ok, but is showing its age now lol.

New Poll