corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » You would be a bit gutted!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You would be a bit gutted!
jaffa

User status: Offline
8th Jan 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100108/tuk-oukoe-uk-britain-bet-fa6b408.html

bit harsh considering they accepted the bet. Might of been only a singles accepted for that market but they still took it.

Nath

8th Jan 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking harsh.
Cole

8th Jan 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i would be as well but they must of given him odds as the shop has to ring ladbrokes hq to get someone to calculate the odds so cant see it as being a mistake on ladbrokes part
Ben G

8th Jan 10 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bunch of twats. hopefully he'll win in court or something.

even if they gave him 100k, better than 30 odd fecking quid.
GTM

8th Jan 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will get a good settlement i should say.
Paul_J

8th Jan 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucked up...

I reckon he used the website... which have auto accumulator calculators on things...

usually things stop you doing accumulators e.g. if related to each other.

e.g. I can't do a accumulator on Lewis Hamilton to win and Lewis Hamilton to finish on the podium (2 seperate but related bets)...

So he just put an accumulator on a load of different towns in a chain... (using website most likely, which would of automatically processed it).

Thing is, it' never worth doing anything that'll net you millions - because they'll riggle out of it.

if he was clever, he could of done it so it only came to £30,000. Which may of got processed without even thinking about it.

I still think they should give him more than £38

[Edited on 08-01-2010 by Paul_J]
Marc

8th Jan 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trading Standards
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jan 10 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see how they can't pay, web site or otherwise.

Or surely if they are going to void the transaction, like you would do if an item for sale on a web site was placed incorrectly, you wouldn't do it after you've already taken the money, packaged and sent the item.

I hope he wins. That stinks that just because their web site isn't programmed very well, they can somehow shirk what was a good bet placed in good faith.
dannymccann

8th Jan 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally unfair, if the bet was accepted by Ladbrookes they should stick to the contract. As said whether he wins or not, I really hope he gets a decent payout
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better to do those sort of bets on exchanges like Betfair rather than a normal bookies.
AndyKent

8th Jan 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope he wins too.

A lot of bookies have a clause in their T&Cs to say they won't have to pay out if the odds offered by them are wrong.

For instance, if in a horse race they accidentally price the favourite at 10/1, they won't be held by their price and can void all bets.

Not really fair though, hope the guy gets a decent offer, if not the whole lot.
AndyKent

8th Jan 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Better to do those sort of bets on exchanges like Betfair rather than a normal bookies.

Not really. Multiples on betfair work exactly the same as any other bookie - you are betting against betfair rather than other customers.

Its only the singles betting which is matched against other people (not betfair).
Reecemac

8th Jan 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have to pay, since new rules from roughly oct 2009 bets are now legal binding contracts, we had to go on a stupid course and kept being told about it and how important it was. If I was to write a wrong price etc on the slip once iv accepted it thats what it is, we cant say wait we need to change that, its too late.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » You would be a bit gutted! 23 database queries in 0.0103390 seconds