corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lexmaul , mantzel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lexmaul , mantzel
jamesy1990

User status: Offline
11th Jan 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey bought my 1600 sport couple of month b4 xmas and since then iv removed my aircon unit , fitted a 4 branch manifold and a decat pipe . just wondering if it will be worth my time fitting a lexmaul or a mantzel powerbox , sure people say u get a bhp increase of 20bhp but is that straight away? or would i need to get it mapped to get my 20 bhp gain? and if anyone who has fitted these inlets get intouch with me as im certian im gona buy one .

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by jamesy1990]
andyc1234

11th Jan 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mantzel is better for top end power lexmaul is better low down. wont get 20bhp maybe 10. 15-20 if you get it mapped
Ollie_B

11th Jan 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People seem to be buying the VX inlet, seem to be a well priced alternative, that's what i'll be getting!
jamesy1990

11th Jan 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wel the plan is ti fit lexmaul / mantzel (unsure on which to get) some newman cams and put it in for a remap . what figures will i be looking at? and with a lsd would i be keeping up with xe's?
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Mantzel on my 1.4 and didn't really like it. It made it's power up the rev range but was gutless low down. Get a Lexmaul. My old red one was bought by Pete_Vxl who put a 4-2-1, decat system and inlet (one of the VX ones I think) and he made 129bhp. With cams and a map you're looking at a solid 140ish bhp. You'll keep with an XE til about 70ish, then the torque will quite literally pull it away from you. Where in fife you from anyway fella?
jamesy1990

11th Jan 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good yeah i always liked the idea of the lexmaul better as its a solid casting and they look great . am from anstruther mate . yourself?
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye they do look much better, and I'd personally go for one of them. Raising the rev limit would make a Mantzel work better though! I'm Lundin Links fella. I drive the white bucket in my garage
jamesy1990

11th Jan 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aww a know yi you went flyin past me coming into lundin links when i was coming home form work . hahahaha , av got the black 1600 sport wi the white cavi fans
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah! That's your car! Looks nice fella! Aye I couldn't help but see if it was a 1600 or not
jamesy1990

11th Jan 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha aye a was gona go fir it but too much trafic! yous ti have the spectral blue mk 3 gsi aswell and av got a xe corsa aswell

[Edited on 11-01-2010 by jamesy1990]
Eck
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a project thread up!
broster
Premium Member

11th Jan 10 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always preferd the lexmaul to a manzel myself, much prefer the way the car drives
dean101287

11th Jan 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
always preferd the lexmaul to a manzel myself, much prefer the way the car drives

Same here. Didnt have to thrash the guts out of it.
Pete_vxl

11th Jan 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As eck said i had an inlet but it was not a vx inlet. Its by a guy called Flame off here and they are very good quality, why spent twice as much to get the same results?that was my logic. After taking my car to nearly 130bhp i really questioned why i didnt just buy an xe at the begining. Alot of money and effort to have a car that isnt that fast if im honest. If you get it cammed n remapped though it would be nippy but again thats even more money and time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » lexmaul , mantzel 23 database queries in 0.0110731 seconds