corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power gains?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power gains?
jamesy1990

User status: Offline
12th Jan 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ollie_B
If you where to put vernier pulleys on, how would you set the timing up, as you cant use them with the cam sensor can you?

never herd of this issue before can anyone fill me in?
philip2

12th Jan 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some one buy the ported head ive just done for a none paying customer haha

btw id say 130-135, the engine isnt new so i doubt it will the the 106bhp it started from and with the inlet, chip etc, the chip will more than likely pour fuel in so wont get the best out of it either, so id say 130-135bhp is a rough figure over that and then your doing well tbh.

stock rods/pistons should last at 7.5k limit but id prefer it if the bottom end was balanced to be sure
philip2

12th Jan 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the small blocks have a cam sensor on the exhaust cam iirc, you cant buy normal verniers unless go for standalone management to control the spark and the only people who do verniers with the tabs on for the cam sensor is dbilas
Ollie_B

12th Jan 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamesy1990
quote:
Originally posted by Ollie_B
If you where to put vernier pulleys on, how would you set the timing up, as you cant use them with the cam sensor can you?

never herd of this issue before can anyone fill me in?

Well the vernier pulleys dont have a lug on, so the cam sensor has nothing to read, but as Linch said put Dbilas pullies on and it's reet!
wwwNOOBcom

12th Jan 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put a xe in it instead of pissing about with the 1.6, they will only make REAL decent power when you start spending alot of money on them
Col004

12th Jan 10 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jay2907
quote:
Originally posted by Col004
On my old corsa I fitted a mantzel, s/s blueflame exhaust with a de-cat, modded airbox and a courtney map up-load specific for the mantzel (superchip) and it made 141hp at well lane for a total vauxhall rr day. And for a 1600 with out mega mega mods it pulled well and pushed my mates 2.0 16v corsa. Thats why I went for a LET as doing all that work for a valver was'nt worth it.

[Edited on 12-01-2010 by Col004]

it cnt av been that kwik the 2.0 mine beat type rs clio 182s leon cupras anything with upto 225 with out modded it does realy well even did well with 2.5v6 corsa thats around here at one point i thought i was gunna beat it until top end it had me

I know what it went like mate, I owned it for 2 years........... Why would I lie?????

corsa valvers are not that quick kid, dont get me wrong, there lively and fun. There very fast if there modded with tb's, nos, ect ect. Ive converted/driven valvers and to be honest... my williams clio i used to have was as quick and handled miles better so it was a quicker car. Im Not knocking valvers.. there ace .. But there not as quick as you state.. a 106 gti would give one a run.. And my old corsa kept up with them. didn't beat them but kept up.

You need a LET in your life

[Edited on 12-01-2010 by Col004]
jay2907

12th Jan 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not saying your lying just sayin it must av been a slow one you raced.. as for gti's only when they cammed up will they give ya a run
Col004

12th Jan 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so in your eyes all the valvers ive driven.. which is alot of them... they were all slow ones.. and your is rapid.. I dout that very much pal..
Eck
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wwwNOOBcom
just put a xe in it instead of pissing about with the 1.6, they will only make REAL decent power when you start spending alot of money on them

He already has an XE, so why would he make another? I reckon you'll make 140bhp with those mods mate.
jay2907

12th Jan 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so in your eyes all the valvers ive driven.. which is alot of them... they were all slow ones.. and your is rapid.. I dout that very much pal..

you said it was your m8s that it pushed so thats the one im stating on
Col004

12th Jan 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i it actually pushed 2 different ones to be honest.. but the ones we've driven are NO different to them 2.. Just stating facts kid.. 1600's with a touch of work will push valvers all day long. there a lively motor with the inlet sorted

Eck
Premium Member

12th Jan 10 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh it will to a certain extent, then when over 100mph and torque is crucial, the XE will pull away.
jay2907

12th Jan 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i it actually pushed 2 different ones to be honest.. but the ones we've driven are NO different to them 2.. Just stating facts kid.. 1600's with a touch of work will push valvers all day long. there a lively motor with the inlet sorted

i dnt doubt that for second i used to own one and know there a decent car when done properly
Col004

12th Jan 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » power gains? 23 database queries in 0.0138021 seconds