corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 3.0 V6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 3.0 V6
JonnySport

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya all, im thinking about putting a 3.0 V6 engine from an Omega MV6 into my Corsa Sport type 2. With Aircon (will be ripped out) and hoping to keep power steering. I'm fairly experienced in transplants, a few redtops, a few normal 16v engines, just never a V6.

I'm asking everyone how easily is it done (not expecting it to be) but what engine mounts, driveshafts, hubs ect. I will need? Also, will the bulkhead need cutting down ect.

Exhaust im not fussed about because I have a local lad who will develop anything that I ask him too.

Just a general, whats involved?
AlunJ

15th Jan 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be worth dropping BeArDy a u2u? he's done a few of these I think
scottyp1989

15th Jan 10 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt you will have room to keep a belt driven power steering pump, will probly have to use an electric one like a saxo one, as far as i now you can get mounts but unsure where from
ELG4N

15th Jan 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

electric pas will be the answer

and use an f20 box with the usual shafts and hubs. not sure how the corsa manages the driver side mount, but in a mk3 astra with an f20 box you just need a spacer for the mount
scottyp1989

15th Jan 10 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you still need a gearbox spacer and think you need to use a drive shaft spacer aswell due to the block noy being as wide, could be rong tho
jaysc20xe

17th Jan 10 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before you start to do the conversion here's something quoted by beardy bout the v6 conversion

Originally Posted by BeArDy
Hi mate,
The reason why there are not many about as they are a total pig to do, as they cost alot on parts to make them fit, and people can have a C20let for about the same price if not cheaper.

Cutting the bodys is really not need, just the bulkhead as there no room for the inlet system or throttle system. Also so you can get the inlet on and off.

Custom engine mount is needed, on the drivers side which need to go threw a Belt so is alittle pain in the arse.

when fitting the engine you need to Strip it total down to a bare block mount it and then add all the bits, as there is no room at all in the bay to do anything.

Now here the main Problem and the money shot
the manifolds, the front one hits the crossmember and the rear one (which is the bitch) hits the steering rack, as there is no room at all between the engine and the rack, so both manifold need custom making, which is a Nightmare. as its a matter of make a bit test it make abit more test that, reason being theres only about 3" between the block and rack and in that room you need to make a down pipe with a curve and design it to you can bolt it on.
When i was building mine i spoke to a lad who was one of the first to fit a V6 and he has to Cut his manifold off whenever he wants to take it off and reweld it back on.
mine takes 4hours to take off as i only have about 5mm of spanner movment.
To get a company to make theres your looking about £400 per manifold (only going off what a mate Brett had to pay for his Nova V6)

You will also need a F20 Gearbox and Flywheel plus a uprated clutch as they dont last long, my brand new standard vauxhall one lasted 2 months (300miles)

Cooling the engine is another people, i had head gaskets go in a week (plus another V6 corsa i know went after 3 weeks and e went back to XE) get the biggest Rad you can fit Plus spend money on good fans, i have 2 Kenlow fans which cost £60 each and are well worth every penny.

shafts again upto you, if your using the Split shaft and middle mount you going to need to make a spacer as theres a gap, otherwise the shafts will flop about.

as for Power i wouldent like to say with a C20LET as i havent been aside one, the V6 engine swop in a corsa has not got to be down to power its got to be down to wanting the engine in there, and enjoying the sound it makes (which it awsome), if it was down to power you could get a LET in there which in the long run you could get alot more power out off, where 210bhp is about the limits off a V6 without spending alot of money (unless you got NOS)

I have done loads of XE and LET's into corsas for myself and other people and i would do them again if asked, BUT i would never do another V6 again..........

but if u still want to do it then chris astley do the gearbox mount that you need and the v6 engine mount for £71.
also you should use the F20 box like said and also flywheel (flat type) and clutch to match. if you are using the omega eengine u will also hav to get the sump. inlet and exhaust manifold off either the calibra v6 or the cav v6 . as far as the power steering you should be able to use the hydraulic motor off the v6 to run your power steering on the corsa.
hope this helps

New Poll