corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » GSi Again LOL

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GSi Again LOL
bigjim172000

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i bought this 4 years ago, got it home and found the tosser on this forum lied in many ways about it, headgasket, rings, stem seals fooked, all the alloys were buckled. that took some effort!

Anyway, over the course of 18 months did the work and got it sorted, for them the knock sensor to go, then the coil pack the next day!

Used it for a short while, only really to go out in as for work it was getting filthy. Then had my cosworth project 90% finished so didnt renew the RFT and finished the cossie off.

500 miles into cossie driving and the bottom end began knocking The engine centre had sold me some duff big ends, Mains were still mint upon inspection but big ends, fooked so to fund it, i sold the corsa to a mate. He did some bits to it, got some different alloys, two new tyres, GSi front (had bodykit on) and got it professionally painted, fitted standard airbox, got some i think sport interior for it, took carpet out and pressure washed, etc etc.

He then got it MOT'd and on the second night he used it, went and put diesel in it lol. He only put £7 in but then topped it up with £27 of petrol. Got the 7 miles home and drained it all out. Refilled with fresh petrol and took it for a drive, seemed ok he said until next day and really started playing around. We both put this down to the diesel. He now gave me the car back For 2 weeks i drove the car without any problem, then one day it started to play up and did everyday since. Anyway, turned out to be coil pack Took ages to find fault as no codes

Anyway, its now sorted, put my Kenwood headunit back in, Infinity components up front and Pioneer sub in the boot. Need to sort the wiring out behind the headunit though as the speaker dont all work all of the time ie dodgy connections where someone cut n shut the loom

Just fitted my bonnet lifters today, started on the SPAX 35mm springs, rears done tonight, just started to remove front struts and said sod it and came home. When i took the rears off, compared the two and NS one was 1" shorter than the OS

bigjim172000

User status: Offline
15th Jan 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As she stands at the moment,

Rears on

Bit shorter

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » GSi Again LOL 24 database queries in 0.0087719 seconds