corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help me bodge my headunit earth!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help me bodge my headunit earth!
kz

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi... currently trying to find an earthing point on my Mk1 Punto, the Punto forum is being no help! Nearest one I can find is near the pedals, the standard earth lead isn't long enough on my headunit.

Now I was thinking of cutting the end of and extending it. Also had a thought though of just screwing in a wire under the bolt then wrapping it around the current end of the wire, and taping it up so it doesn't come off basically question is, could I use speaker wire?

As I have loads of that hanging about, if not, what you reckon I should do!?
AlexW

User status: Offline
17th Jan 10 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a bit of wire (offcut from somthing, as long as its not thinner than the wire coming from the plug), get a proper ring terminal and put it onto a bolt.

Do it properly or not at all.

New Poll