corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project white B diesel dog

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project white B diesel dog
Gazdaman

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I booked a last ditch MOT at 12:50 25/03/10 Which is the day my MOT runs out

Now I really need to stop it smoking, so I've turned down the maximum fuel screw.

I had to tamper with the anti tamper seal to get to it.

But once I did, I turned it down a quarter of a turn and it seems to have helped. So I'll give it a go, if it still fails I'll turn it down more.

Fingers crossed!

Gaz
sri-monster

25th Mar 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill buy those steelies if you still have them
Graham88

25th Mar 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good Gaz, well clean!
Gazdaman

25th Mar 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Graham! SRI-monster, u2u'd back.

Car went in for its last MOT today. First of all the tester came out from the station with one of those looks on his face. Y'know the "I'm sorry mate".

I said "Still smoking?"

He replied that it wasn't so much the smoke, it was failing on the metered smoke and asked what I'd done to fix the problem since last time. I listed all I'd done, ending with that I'd turned the fuelling down slightly.

He suggested maybe I should turn it down a bit more. I asked him if he minded me doing it now? He said crack on...

So out came trusty 10mm spanner. I turned it down a bit more AND IT ONLY BLOODY PASSED!

Well, that bit anyway.

Failed on a new patch of welding needed on the sill. My welding man is coming round in a couple of hours and the retest is tomorrow.

Should sail right through!

BLOODY LOVE IT!

Gaz
Gazdaman

25th Mar 10 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welding done, £35. Ready for its re-test at 16:10 tomorrow.
Gazdaman

26th Mar 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now running with 12 months MOT!

15" steelies sold to SRI-Monster who came down from Newcastle to get them! Losing a rear light on the motorway in the process!

Good day.

Now I'm looking to get rid of the Calibra leathers and replace with a set of bucket seats. Then lose the rear seats, false floor the back including subtle audio build and run 3 point harnesses off a rear strut brace.

Gaz
Graham88

26th Mar 10 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely turning the fuelling down affects it in other ways?
Gazdaman

26th Mar 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a diesel turning the fuelling down just affects the power. A diesel doesn't run on an ideal mixture. It just burns as much diesel is put in (up to a point). If all the air is burnt and fuel is left over it leaves black smoke out of the exhaust. If all the fuel is burnt and air is left over, all is still good.

Gaz
Gazdaman

2nd Apr 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rev counter:

Sadly it reckons I idle at 2krpm, with a max of about 10k rpm.

Which I reckon is pretty good going for a diesel!

I tried all the different settings on the gauge aswell. And this one is the best one too.

Still, works a decent indicator of revs, so I'm happy. And it looks decent.

Gaz

[Edited on 02-04-2010 by Gazdaman]
Dan H

3rd Apr 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have ya tried fuel cleaner, injector cleaner and a new fuel filter for the smoking?
Gazdaman

3rd Apr 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 tanks of fuel additive, new injectors. Not done the fuel filter yet. But it went through its MOT so I'm happy. Just got the max fuel screw turned down 1/4 of a turn.

Gaz
Gazdaman

10th Jun 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently I've done a subtle boot build, because I had two 12" subs in the boot, it took up pretty much the entire boot. So it needed a tidy to gain some more boot floor space.

The before photo...

Made a base, screwed the amp to it

Made a false floor and some spacers to give the amp some space.

Screwed some blocks to the false floor to hold the sub in place.

Then trimmed it up in black acoustic carpet. Looks damn good. (I completely retrimmed the box aswell, if you notice the photo before, it was really really ropey where I cut the old box in half.)

Then I cut some 6x9 holes in my grey, poverty coloured parcel shelf, and planned to retrim it with the offcuts of the acoustic carpet. The holes went well, the retrimming not so much. Where you have to join two parts of carpet, it's really difficult to make it look neat. So I ended up ripping the carpet off. Which left crappy glue all over it.

So I either had to find a plan B, or put a crappy looking parcel shelf back in.

Plan B was a bottle of 'back to black'.

So I back to blacked the parcel shelf....

Looks good, but still wasn't dry after about an hour. So I've left it in the garage overnight, and I'm hoping it'll dry, or soak in or something.

It's all temporary until I make a proper one in MDF and carpet it the same as the boot build.

Gaz

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Gazdaman]

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Gazdaman]
Gazdaman

11th Jun 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, the back to black really didn't dry. So I went back to the drawing board and made an MDF one. Except my widest offcut was 2" too narrow. Typical! So I screwed a couple of 'shoulders' onto it. And had to bodge up an assembly to screw the original hinges on. Not pretty but it works. Just needs carpeting.

Then gave it a quick wash:

Gaz
Gazdaman

11th Jun 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really need a white tow cap!

Gaz

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project white B diesel dog 24 database queries in 0.0128899 seconds